Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
919 Posts
I'm knitting with a scarf with the frill seeker yarn. It is very tidous, but very pretty. I know somewhere there is a crochet pattern too. I've looked that the video of it, but would like the written version. If anyone has it please let me know. It's making me crazy. I've looked everywhere I can think of.

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Here's a photo of a ruffly scarf in purple colors on another thread in the forum: http://www.knittingparadise.com/t-6670-2.html
If you need some help casting on, this is a video showhing how:
When you make the scarf, remember that the more stitches across you use, the shorter the scarf. If you stick to 7 or 8 stitches, you'll have a nice-length scarf.
I attached a photo of a red multi scarf in Triana and a pink scarf in Tul. Both yarns are by Katia.
These yarns are incredibly easy to use, just poke and knit. You should remember to use the absolutely largest needles you can fit through the holes, use a circular needle and secure both ends with BIG point protectors. These scarves are very easly to knit, but the yarn slides off of the needles very easily. Never lay the scarf down while you are working on it without putting on point protectors. A circular needle is better than straight needles because they are over-all longer. On straight needles, the end of the needle will not keep the yarn from sliding past it, it just isn't large enough.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
i just finished two...I used six stitches on size 13...my yarn was Katia Triana, I also found that if I went ahead and found my loops, which I held on a finger of my left hand and fed forward as I knitted, it went much less tediously with fewer mistakes....
my teen has already claimed both of them, lol

i just did 6 stitches in basic garter stitch...finished in under an hour per scarf...simply knotted the ends because it was "lost" in the ruffle and would not show

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom