Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In a bag of donated hats and scarves, was a pair of thrummed slippers. ( I found out the technique from a knowledgable knitter at a craft store who had just happened to see them on a website.)
I want to knit some for next year's family Christmas gifts. Has anyone experience with this. Some of my colleagues remember mittens with warm insides.

·
Registered
27,104 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
jinx said:
http://lifewithsheep.blogspot.com/2010/11/thrummed-slipper-pattern.html
I posted this pattern yesterday. I love the warmth of these slippers. I would make them higher around my ankles if I ever made another pair. jinx
This pattern looks like a lot of fun. Would you just add mroe crocheting on the ankle to make it taller?

·
Registered
738 Posts
Okay, I'm clueless. What does "thrummed" mean? Does it mean it's lined?

Nevermind. Answered my own question. :)

"Thrum knitting is an old European tradition using unspun wool for added warmth. Made with Columbia Yarn"

·
Registered
68 Posts
Perfect! My brother was giving me a hard time for making "thin" mittens the other day and I think he may get a pair of these for his birthday and possibly a pair of slippers too.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom