Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Bev here.

I am fairly new to this "Knitting Paradise" and am sort of computer ignorant, so I don't know how well I will do. But I do like this site and am enjoying all of your thoughts and ideas.

I am now trying knitting again after many years and one of the first projects is the Cup Cake hat. A friend is giving a baby shower and is using cup cakes instead of a regular cake. Color theme is pink. I am doing the hat in pink and white and would love to make a cocoon to go with it, but don't remember where I saw the info or pattern for it. Can anyone help me out. I am making the hat of baby yarn. Would the cocoon be knit with heavier weight yarn?

Thanks. Bev

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
A friend is giving a baby shower and is using cup cakes instead of a regular cake. Color theme is pink. I am doing the hat in pink and white and would love to make a cocoon to go with it,
((((((( Are you saying there would be a dimensional cupcake attached to the cocoon or have colorwork cupcake designs in it or a PLAIN cocoon but in a matching color? Knit cocoon patterns are found on the net; You might search using the word 'papoose', too. Saques/buntings have arms so that's not what you want.

I believe Lionbrand.com has cocoons but I can't remember if they're knit or crochet; I do both and am working on a knit cocoon now using Baby Bee's 50% acrylic 50% cotton yarn. I love it!! ))))))

but don't remember where I saw the info or pattern for it. Can anyone help me out. I am making the hat of baby yarn. Would the cocoon be knit with heavier weight yarn? (((((( I think if the hat yarn is substandtial enough that you could use the same yarn for both items. Donna Rae ))))))))))))

Thanks. Bev[/quote]

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks so much for the reply. I will go back on and see if I can find instructions and will also go to the other sites and see if I can come up with a pattern.

No, I will not put the cupcake on top, however I got a really neat shaggy yarn to make the topknot. I may try to use that as some kind of trim on it.

You said you were using a combo of acrylic and cotton yarn for the cocoon. Will that be as easy to launder as the acrylic?

Bev

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
Thanks so much for the reply. (((((((( You're welcome!! ))))))))

I will go back on and see if I can find instructions and will also go to the other sites and see if I can come up with a pattern. ((((((( Knitting pattern central.com probably has some, too. I found an adorable crocheted one on Ebay the other day, looked it over and though, "Hey, I can free form one just like the knit one I have going." LOL!!

No, I will not put the cupcake on top, however I got a really neat shaggy yarn to make the topknot. I may try to use that as some kind of trim on it. (((((( Okie......solid cocoon then........maybe some variety stitches in it. I think 2 knit bauble stitches or 1,000 would look sweet over stockinette made in the round? LOL!! )))))))))))

You said you were using a combo of acrylic and cotton yarn for the cocoon. Will that be as easy to launder as the acrylic? ((((((( Sure - just as easy. I like the after effect, too.

Acrylic WW for babies.....nah.......this Baby Bee is a heavier yarn, so soft and the colors are lucious. I would think they (Baby Bee) would have a .com site, too for a look see. I got mine at Hobby Lobby here in the midwest and I know that Fayetteville, NC has H/Ls, too.

I make baby afghans, caps, booties and a toy ball that has feet and arms, a face, hair, etc., and usually crochet those in free form.

The knit cocoon is my first time knitting with this yarn. It's OK. It's going to be a warmer coocoon, too over stockinette + variety stitches.......if I finish it on those circular needles (in the round). Lol!! Donna Rae )))))))

Bev[/quote]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom