Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
12,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I posted about knitting a shawl in 3 ply white for a friend , whilst doing a baby blanket for the hospital and trying some dolls clothes. My daughter called in this am and gave me 9 x 100 gm balls of a red yarn from Hobbycraft ( they are doing 3 for the price of 2 ) and asked for a f & f throw ! And my best friend has asked for some things to sell at her works fundraiser . I'm also doing stuff for a homeless charity. !! I don't want to let anyone down. I could do with more hours in the day. Lol. I usually only have 2 things on the go at any one time. Perhaps I should see if hubby wants to learn to knit. But I can imagine his reply. !! I don't need to sleep really. :-D

·
Registered
577 Posts
I've been doing a lot of knitting for the children's hospital and my DH asked if I could make hats for great nieces nephews and a few cousins. I told him I would get to them later. The next day he was asking me about knitting looms. Never used one don't know much about them. He asked if that would make hats faster. I told him only if you take the time to learn how. Rather click away with my known method that works great for me

·
Registered
516 Posts
Arstriker said:
I've been doing a lot of knitting for the children's hospital and my DH asked if I could make hats for great nieces nephews and a few cousins. I told him I would get to them later. The next day he was asking me about knitting looms. Never used one don't know much about them. He asked if that would make hats faster. I told him only if you take the time to learn how. Rather click away with my known method that works great for me
perhaps he is offering to buy one for you? Go for it then suggest he learn how to use it LOL

·
Registered
857 Posts
You can only do what you can do. Make a list for yourself showing which are most important to you and work down the list. I agree with the idea that it would be wonderful if your daughter would learn to knit. Between you, more charity work could be accomplished and she could knit items for her family and home. It also occurred to me that your best friend would be a great one to teach to knit. She could start on simple things like wash clothes, scarfs, etc and you would also have a companion to knit with.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
BeverleyBee said:
Yesterday I posted about knitting a shawl in 3 ply white for a friend , whilst doing a baby blanket for the hospital and trying some dolls clothes. My daughter called in this am and gave me 9 x 100 gm balls of a red yarn from Hobbycraft ( they are doing 3 for the price of 2 ) and asked for a f & f throw ! And my best friend has asked for some things to sell at her works fundraiser . I'm also doing stuff for a homeless charity. !! I don't want to let anyone down. I could do with more hours in the day. Lol. I usually only have 2 things on the go at any one time. Perhaps I should see if hubby wants to learn to knit. But I can imagine his reply. !! I don't need to sleep really. :-D
Totally understand how you feel, in a similar situation myself. Keep moving from one wip to another and seem to be getting nowhere fast x

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Perhaps you can get your daughter so come and do your regular chores while you knit for her. My would not go for that, so she had to wait for her sweater. No is not a four letter word!

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
I know we like to please everyone but there are times when we either have to learn to say "not at this time" or just give them a date as to when you will be able to start and how long it may take. That way they won't expect it in the near future. Some people do not realize how much time and effort goes into some projects and we also have other things to get done.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Ask for a set of arms for Christmas!!! I keep doing this, but so far, my stocking has been empty--and I knitted it!!!! Seriously, if you feel overwhelmed with all the knitting, pick the projects that are most important, and let a few go. Then, "recycle" your charity projects. It isn't fun to knit when you feel you can't get things done fast enough. Take some time and learn the word "no". I know it's hard, but maybe you need to make something for yourself. And follow everyone's suggestions, and teach your daughter to knit!

·
Registered
23,230 Posts
BeverleyBee said:
Sometimes we have to say NO.... or at least "not now"... Sleep is important ... without it we make lots more mistakes.
Jane

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
I am doing charity knits, when I delivered last bag full they asked if I'd knit poppies and get them in by Oct 1....so I brought idea to craft groups and will gatecrash the first WRVS meeting of autumn(I know where they meet,bwahahaha) :twisted: and try to get them involved!! I'm ending up with the sewing up :shock: I've sidelined the crossstitch commission to get the cardi and wrap for ME done in time for holiday.Could go with the octopus idea except it might slow down the cardigan making.Lindseymary

·
Registered
691 Posts
Arstriker said:
maybe Hubby was hinting that he would like to learn to use a loom.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom