Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
sorry I have read this pattern several times, and its late at night, and I cannot see where it says work 4 stitches. Hopefully someone brighter than me will see the instruction

·
Premium Member
81,061 Posts
Pattern said:
HAT:
Worked back and forth on needle. Loosely cast on 48-50 sts on needle size 8 mm / US 11 with 1 strand in each color Symphony.

Then work in GARTER ST- read explanation above - until piece measures 3 cm / 1''.
On next row switch to needle size 15 mm / US 19. Continue in stockinette st until piece measures 13 cm / 5''.
SIZE L/XL: On last row from WS dec 2 sts evenly (by P 2 tog) = 48 sts remain.
All sizes: 48-48 sts.

Now dec as follows:
Row 1 (= RS): * K 4 sts, K the next 2 tog *, repeat from *-* the entire row = 40 sts.

Row 2 (and then every even numbered row): P all sts.

Row 3: * K 3 sts, K the next 2 tog *, repeat from *-* the entire row = 32 sts.

Row 5: * K 2 sts, K the next 2 tog *, repeat from *-* the entire row = 24 sts.

Row 7: * K 1 st, K the next 2 tog *, repeat from *-* the entire row = 16 sts.

Row 9: K2 tog across = 8 sts.

Cut the strands and pull them through the remaining sts, tighten tog and fasten.
Sew sides tog in outermost sts.
Gee! I must be really sleepy! After reading it frontwards and backwards several times, I do not see where it says anything about 'work 4 sts'. Sorry. Maybe someone with less need for sleep will be able to spot it.
'Night!

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Maybe I printed a different version, (maybe the British), I'll have to check. You guys are right, the link I provided doesn't say work, it says knit, but the pattern I printed sure does. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
15,969 Posts
Jessica-Jean said:
Pattern said:
HAT:
Worked back and forth on needle. Loosely cast on 48-50 sts on needle size 8 mm / US 11 with 1 strand in each color Symphony.

Then work in GARTER ST- read explanation above - until piece measures 3 cm / 1''.
On next row switch to needle size 15 mm / US 19. Continue in stockinette st until piece measures 13 cm / 5''.
SIZE L/XL: On last row from WS dec 2 sts evenly (by P 2 tog) = 48 sts remain.
All sizes: 48-48 sts.

Now dec as follows:
Row 1 (= RS): * K 4 sts, K the next 2 tog *, repeat from *-* the entire row = 40 sts.

Row 2 (and then every even numbered row): P all sts.

Row 3: * K 3 sts, K the next 2 tog *, repeat from *-* the entire row = 32 sts.

Row 5: * K 2 sts, K the next 2 tog *, repeat from *-* the entire row = 24 sts.

Row 7: * K 1 st, K the next 2 tog *, repeat from *-* the entire row = 16 sts.

Row 9: K2 tog across = 8 sts.

Cut the strands and pull them through the remaining sts, tighten tog and fasten.
Sew sides tog in outermost sts.
Gee! I must be really sleepy! After reading it frontwards and backwards several times, I do not see where it says anything about 'work 4 sts'. Sorry. Maybe someone with less need for sleep will be able to spot it.
'Night!
That bit 'appears' when you click on British/English in language section.

·
Registered
10,994 Posts
Nanny, I hope your message doesn't get lost - you should have started a new topic.

If you go to youtube, search for your yarn name and ruffle scarf - you should get a few videos that show how to work with that yarn.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom