Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just love this toe-up sock pattern! :D There are three sizes and instructions for three different instep heights, so the fit is easily customized to the individual.

I made these two at a time by magic loop. I used a Turkish Cast-on instead of Judy’s Magic Cast-on. I also intended to cast on about 24 stitches instead of 16 to start in order to make the toe a little less pointy, by my brain must have gotten stuck on “divide by 2” because instead of casting on 12 stitches per side for each sock, I did 6 (which somehow escaped my notice until I was halfway finished with the leg), so the toe is actually more pointy instead of less. Oops. Oddly enough, the socks still fit relatively well. I’m not sure what that says about my feet. :?

Yarn and needle details are posted on my Ravelry project page. (The heel picture shows the colors the best.)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
I just adore finding "errors" that far into project and then deciding that that we're going with it anyway and throw caution to the wind. The sox look so soft and warm. Your pointy feet look perfectly normal to me. How do they feel to You ?~! :)

·
Premium Member
12,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lynda M Otvos said:
I just adore finding "errors" that far into project and then deciding that that we're going with it anyway and throw caution to the wind. The sox look so soft and warm. Your pointy feet look perfectly normal to me. How do they feel to You ?~! :)
LOL! My feet have their good days and their bad days, but they get me from point A to point B, so I guess they'll have to do! The socks, on the other hand, are very comfortable. I had been trying them on as I went, so my goof wasn't enough to screw with the fit.

·
Premium Member
12,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
mzmom1 said:
How do you do the picot hem on toe-up socks? How do you make it stretchy enough?
I use a stretchy bind off like Jeny's Surprisingly Stretchy Bind Off and then hem it loosely with a whip stitch. You can also work the hem as part of the bind off procedure, but I find that to be a little too fiddly for my taste.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom