Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A local yarn shop went out of business last year and I foolishly bought all the LB Wool Ease available because the colors are so vivid. Now I'm faced with either knitting afghans like mad to use up my stash or giving myself permission to sell or donate so I can start using some other blends and textures. In fact I have a lot of "newbie" yarns like ribbon railroads and eyelashes that I thought was a good idea at the time. Now that I am a more experienced, serious (LOL) knitter, I want to start and finish some delicious wearables. What have been some of your growth experiences and decisions.

Baconsmom :-o

· Registered
10,064 Posts
Sheron410 said:
A local yarn shop went out of business last year and I foolishly bought all the LB Wool Ease available because the colors are so vivid. Now I'm faced with either knitting afghans like mad to use up my stash or giving myself permission to sell or donate so I can start using some other blends and textures. In fact I have a lot of "newbie" yarns like ribbon railroads and eyelashes that I thought was a good idea at the time. Now that I am a more experienced, serious (LOL) knitter, I want to start and finish some delicious wearables. What have been some of your growth experiences and decisions.

Baconsmom :-o
if you have lots, it's time to start those three pc suits!....long skirt, sleeveless top and jacket/shrug/or stole to match! even just a sleeveless top and matching jacket/shrug/stole....an instant outfit with any skirt or pant...

· Registered
730 Posts
I did the same! I wanted to try making scrumbles a la Prudence Mapstone so I wanted loads of different yarns all in the same colour scheme. Trouble was that I had to order on the internet, as I'm disabled, and they only sold the yarns in big packs. So I now have loads of eyelash, railroad, ribbon etc. taking up space! Wouldn't care, I still haven't finished the freeform vest! Hahahaha!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom