Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am 62 and look after my 21 month old grandson on a Thursday whilst his Mummy works. It's beautiful in the UK at the moment so I took the opportunity to turn cartwheels and forward rolls on our lawn. He was highly amused! DD told me I was too old to do such things and could hurt myself - pah!

· Registered
2,358 Posts
Way to go you! When my daughter was around 3, she told me that Grandma is not old because no one is old as long as they are still having fun. It sounds like you found a perfectly wonderful way to enjoy a lovely warm day with your grandson! (I will note that I could hurt myself sitting still, so may not follow your wonderful example!)

· Registered
19,648 Posts
Tell your daughter there's nothing wrong with being "flipping old"! You go, girl.

· Registered
33,815 Posts
grandmasue said:
I am 62 and look after my 21 month old grandson on a Thursday whilst his Mummy works. It's beautiful in the UK at the moment so I took the opportunity to turn cartwheels and forward rolls on our lawn. He was highly amused! DD told me I was too old to do such things and could hurt myself - pah!
Would you believe that one of the schools here in Sydney have banned children from doing cartwheels at school (in case they get hurt)...what utter rubbish, I say - let a child be a child!!

· Registered
127 Posts
I'm 69, and my claim to fame is standing on my head. Quote from a poem I learned a long time ago: "When I was young, I feared it might injure my brain, but now that I am perfectly sure I have none, I do it again and again."

· Registered
2,553 Posts
when my mom, now deceased, was 62, she informed us she had no health insurance, waiting for age of medicare. My dad had already reached that age and she wouldn't pay extra for herself. I looked out my kitchen window and saw her with my little kids, on a pogo stick on the asphalt driveway. I ran out and took it away, not til you have insurance I told her. No age is too old!

· Registered
1,986 Posts
I think that is wonderful!!!!
my mom would certainly love to do cartwheels at her age-76- but has had a bad accident that is now limiting her ability to move but her mind is spry & young at heart!!
way to go!

· Registered
482 Posts
I am 62, also, and I jump on the trampoline all of the time with my 13 year old grandson. He gets the biggest kick out of it, as do my son and dil. I don't feel old (most days, lol). I can still do cartwheels, also. I'm still young inside, it's just the mirror that is ruining it all for me. LOL!

· Registered
633 Posts
Yeah, that darn mirror!! Every time I walk by I think My Mom has come back! It is a shock every time I see how old I am getting as My mind does not feel that old. My body? Well that is another story but I won't allow it to keep me from doing the things I want to do.

· Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hey girls, the cartwheels were a bit wobby - like the wheel was about to drop off but we had such fun! Think I'm just a little crazy. Recently took him to the park and decided to do a 360 degree turn over a horizontal bar as we used to do as kids. Halfway through I realised if I fell and hurt myself I'd be stuck so righted myself just in time to see a colleague jogging by. Note to self: must grow up!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom