Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a top down hat pattern with more increase than just 4 or 5 areas so it doesn't pucker? I want to make a very oversized hat for a display. NO I can't figure it out:) I need to follow a pattern
peggy

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
((((((((( Knitted or crocheted, etc.?

I work top up then take my stitches off at the decrease point and with a crochet hook, use variety stitches and finish the decreasing = no puckering.

The mixed crafts make an interesting effect and I just got a book of patterns on doing so; They're so intersting with flawless designs, techniques, colors, etc. If you want the name of it, I can dig it out later.

Donna Rae
~~~~~~

pegschr said:
Does anyone have a top down hat pattern with more increase than just 4 or 5 areas so it doesn't pucker? I want to make a very oversized hat for a display. NO I can't figure it out:) I need to follow a pattern
peggy

·
Registered
11,389 Posts
I would set to work to design one myself Peggy. You can "borrow" from patterns for other items. Off the top of my head I can think of the "quilt" squares that being will 6 stitches and increase out...those don't "pucker". Once you have achieved the desired diameter it will only be a matter of knitting rows/rounds of the same number of stitches before a slight decrease above the brim. It shouldn't be difficult.

·
Registered
20,519 Posts
Peggy, I am working on one right now that I got from Lionbrand.com. I believe they have it written wrong & have torn it out & re-started it, adapting what I believe is what should have been written into the pattern. If you can be patient for one more day, I will post the pattern here & also notify Lion Brand that they need to check the pattern. So far, it is coming out the way a hat should.

Sheryl

·
Registered
383 Posts

·
Registered
6,868 Posts

·
Registered
11,771 Posts
Oops! should have spell-checked! That word is Thanks..so I'll practice again..Thanks!! There, that's better. Hildy

·
Registered
20,519 Posts
CarolynJ said:
Sheryl:

Did you ever post your pattern for a Top-Down Knit Hat?

If so, can you tell me where to find it?

Carolyn
Carolyn, I don't remember if I did or not, but, I do have one. I will go thru my patterns to find it & post it for you.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom