Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For my birthday I have been given some Katia TUTU ribbon, 'ribbon with holes along one of the long edges' and a pattern.The problem is, I have never knitted with any of the popular lace, ribbon yarns and haven't any idea how to begin.The pattern says cast on 3 sts (how!!!) do I use an ordinary yarn with the ribbon? work in garter st (how!!!) how do you knit with ribbon. If anyone knows of a tutorial I can watch, or can offer some advice, I would be so grateful. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,416 Posts
Is this the yarn style?

Hi from another Doreen

·
Registered
547 Posts
I watched the tutorial for knitting with that type of yarn, I'm really glad I don't really care for the scarves made using it, because I just didn't get the process, and I usually catch on pretty fast! LOL But don't let me put you off, I think my problem starts with my not being overly enthusiastic about the scarves to begin with! It's like anything else, if you really want to do it, you will figure out how!!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I made the scarf yesterday,the pattern was easy to follow after I watched the tutorial and it is pretty,so I will wear it (birthday gift) but I wouldn't have bought it myself.I have knit for about 50 years now and have never been tempted to try this.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Northumbrian Doreen said:
I made the scarf yesterday,the pattern was easy to follow after I watched the tutorial and it is pretty,so I will wear it (birthday gift) but I wouldn't have bought it myself.I have knit for about 50 years now and have never been tempted to try this.
Now.......where is our picture? I'd love to see your scarf......there is nothing in the picture section......!!! :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
It's silky or chiffony. Very soft. I noticed in April in Atlanta that one of the vendors at Stitches South was selling it.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Wow, that is really pretty!!! Thank you for posting a picture!!! :thumbup:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom