Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all I want to knit a fairly big tote bag maybe in cotton,most of the great patterns are knitted then felted ,I,ve had a look on Ravelry but as yet havent seen what I want any suggestions please mandy

·
Registered
712 Posts
I think a lot of the bigger bags are felted to increase strength and reduce stretching from the weight of whatever you are carrying. Cotton is quite good for remedying this though. It would help if you gave us more of a description...visual picture.

·
Registered
11,389 Posts
Cotton has no "memory" so once it stretches, it stays that way. Most of the cotton tote bag patterns are an open almost net type, of stitch pattern Felted totes do not stretch and are very sturdy.

Try ravelry.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks think I,ve found one in a book I got from the library ,I want to make a bag to take my stuff in for a day out at the beach etc,I,m going to line it and put in a pocket

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom