Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy knitting everyone! My new knitting design is off the needles :) I've been thinking about this type of garment for quite a long time. I wanted to create something universal and suitable for many types of weather. The poncho has removable sleeves (or long fingerless mitts) which allow to transform it to long-sleeved sweater or to wear as a short sleeves oversized vest (or tunic). Also, I didn't want to overload the poncho with many details and wanted to focus on it's shape so I added only a tiny cable to the front.

The poncho is designed with positive ease about 25 cm/ 10 inches, dropped shoulder and high neck. Back and front of poncho are knitted separately. After the shoulder seams are completed the stitches are picked up for collar and edge band. The edge band is formed with I-cord bind off (it could be replaced with attached I-cord).

Pattern name is Transformer Poncho and hat and it is written for both children and adults and available from Ravelry

Attachments

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom