Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if anyone is interested but I would be open to meeting knitting friends through travel sometime.

What I mean is that there is likely some people who are interested in visiting Niagara Falls, Niagara-On-The-Lake and Toronto (I live 15 minutes away from the Falls and 1 hour from TO) and there are areas that I would like to visit as well. If anyone is ever interested in the possibility of mutual hosting ( I host you, you host me etc) I would be happy to meet via Skype and discuss the possibility of getting together for a visit.

Of course our personalities would need to be compatible.

This could work for others also who may not want to see the Falls but would like to visit another area instead. Just message me if this is something that would appeal to you

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
I was wondering about a similar thing - as I hope to visit Lancashire, England, Scotland and Ireland next year to follow the genealogical trail as I have become a little stuck in my family history research. Thought it would be nice to meet some other KP'ers on the other side of the world.
Bon Voyage !!

·
Registered
256 Posts
Good idea! I don't have much money to travel, but would be glad to host those who would like to come to France. I live near a little town in the East of France, about 100 km from Troyes, from Dijon and 130 km from Nancy. Do not hesitate to contact me. :)

·
Registered
474 Posts
I've felt the same way. Unfortunately I'm not at a point in my life where I can do much traveling. But if would really be fun to have a "local" as a tour guide.

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
flyssie said:
I was wondering about a similar thing - as I hope to visit Lancashire, England, Scotland and Ireland next year to follow the genealogical trail as I have become a little stuck in my family history research. Thought it would be nice to meet some other KP'ers on the other side of the world.
Bon Voyage !!
If you ever want any 'lookups' I've got membership to 2 genealogy sites and have been doing research since 2000. My present family are in the Lancashire area.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Thank you everyone for the offers - what a great bunch knitters are.
Christine 47 and Itsy Bitsy knitts - My mother's father's family came from the Culcheth, Leigh, Tyldeslely, Risely, Poulton, Bedford areas.
Surname Cottam - One I have had trouble with is Joseph Cottam's second wife Elizabeth. His first wife was also Elizabeth - Jane Johnson. Joseph was born Feb 1804 and died 1862 -buried at Bedford Church.
I hope to establish a few queries I have about this family but also lots of other relations to follow up to in UK.
Cheers - Flyssie

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
flyssie said:
Thank you everyone for the offers - what a great bunch knitters are.
Christine 47 and Itsy Bitsy knitts - My mother's father's family came from the Culcheth, Leigh, Tyldeslely, Risely, Poulton, Bedford areas.
Surname Cottam - One I have had trouble with is Joseph Cottam's second wife Elizabeth. His first wife was also Elizabeth - Jane Johnson. Joseph was born Feb 1804 and died 1862 -buried at Bedford Church.
I hope to establish a few queries I have about this family but also lots of other relations to follow up to in UK.
Cheers - Flyssie
Elizabeth Smith b. 1796-1837
Marriage to James Cottam in Tyldesley 1837
Mary Ann Cottam b. 1837.
If you want the rest of the family I can tell you that too.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Christine 47
I can't believe that you just answered me that - just like that. Thank you so much. I will PM you so as not to clog up the KP forum with family stuff !! Hopefully that is all right with you
In appreciation - Flyssie

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
When I come to England I usually stay with my sister in Coulsdon, but would be more than willing to meet up with KPers living near where we want to travel. My husband wants to go the The Edinburgh Tattoo, I have been to Edinburg, Glasgow, Inverness etc but he would like to travel, so I would be interested in hosting but at the moment I am very tied down with elderly parents but can arrange to take people around the Blue Mountains on a day to day basis.

·
Registered
18,328 Posts
mavisb said:
When I come to England I usually stay with my sister in Coulsdon, but would be more than willing to meet up with KPers living near where we want to travel. My husband wants to go the The Edinburgh Tattoo, I have been to Edinburg, Glasgow, Inverness etc but he would like to travel, so I would be interested in hosting but at the moment I am very tied down with elderly parents but can arrange to take people around the Blue Mountains on a day to day basis.
I loved the Blue Mountains. Only spent three days there - not enough!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom