Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’d like to introduce you to Lavender Moon. Lavender Moon is going on a big adventure.
The pattern was created by Australian Artist, Fiona McDonald (Knitted Fairies to Cherish & Charm, Babes in the Wool, Gothic Knits) especially for the “Travelling Dolls” project.
Fourteen women across the globe have been communicating with one another via internet as they created their dolls and developed the traveling dolls project this summer. Starting in September, each person will mail her doll to her assigned mailing partner along with her “passport” and journal, and each person will receive a doll. The dolls will stay with each host for one month, visiting local sites and events. The hosts will design and make an outfit for each doll during her visit, which the dolls will get to keep and take with them. Visits will be shared in journals traveling with the dolls and pictures will be posted on the Ravelry website (Fiona McDonald Fans - group).
Lavender will spend September in Fayetteville, NC and is off to Spain for the month of October.

Attachments

·
Registered
15,399 Posts
What a beautiful doll. When my granddaughter was in 3rd grade she did a flat Sarah, this is a picture of her face placed on a paper doll. She also went all over the place. Same kind of concept and what fun it was taking this flat Sarah to work with me. I even had people who signed a guest book.

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Deb-Babbles said:
What a beautiful doll. When my granddaughter was in 3rd grade she did a flat Sarah, this is a picture of her face placed on a paper doll. She also went all over the place. Same kind of concept and what fun it was taking this flat Sarah to work with me. I even had people who signed a guest book.
Yes, very much like the Flat Sarah/Stanley project only they will come back with a very international, handmade, designer wardrobe and a host of new friends around the world. :)

·
Registered
18,277 Posts
Hello Lavender Moon,you are a stunning looking girl,i hope you enjoy yourself and when you come back will you come on here and let us know all about your venture.

·
Registered
6,062 Posts
My DIL made Flat Ben and Flat Anna (pics of my GC)to send with my son on his various trips about the world. They got to visit Afghanistan and visited a shepherd and his flock; they were pictured on a camel, in a jeep, and a few other places. The kids enjoyed seeing their pictures travel.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom