Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Latest "accomplishment" - aptly named as I knit it during a week long trip that included two 6 hour plane rides. Link to pattern is

http://feministy.com/blog/traveling-woman-free/.

It is described as a simple pattern and that (in my opinion) is basically true but it took me a while to wrap my mind around it. It was my first time to work from a chart and several times I found myself reading the chart the wrong direction for the purl row. Having soldiered through it I feel as if I have crossed a milestone and advanced my skills a little. The cast on is also very different and I'm not sure that I did it exactly as is written but I managed to make it work.

(Knitted from Trekking Hand Art, 75% wool, 25% nylon)

Attachments

·
Registered
12,955 Posts
Hi, I love your shawl, it is truly beautiful!! I have the pattern, I agree with what you said about it. It is truly a beautiful shawl and the story behind the name is bitter sweet. I love it though!

Revan

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom