Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evan got many care packages and 25 cards, notes or letters in the last two months from supporters, sent the cards home and I just got done finishing the thank yous. I'm one to tear up but a little but am wiping my eyes now......

For those of you who support our troops, no matter how, please be assured that your work is appreciated. If you don't get a response to your work, keep on keeping on as one just doesn't know the combat situation and if a troop has the capacity to get back to in a timely manner.

For those of you who support troops not in combat, thank you for that, too.

There are many wonderful places to get involved with such efforts; Your local VFW or their Women's Auxillary may be one. If not, you many sign up your local troop there for care package support. They do homemade COOKIES!!Deployment and re-dployment dates will be needed, too. If anything changes, please alert them.

So, I support our son and two other troops. One is still in school and the other is in Afghanistan, an Airman on a five month deployment through May and have followed him since early '08; Army Ranger Unit; Five deployments, too. ((;

Evan will finish his year 12 July (#2); Iraq. He called last night and the night before and is well. When he gets out of the Army in 2013, he will return to Iowa State and see if he can pass PHYSICS! LOL! Poor kid had his troubles. ((;

Donna Rae
~~~~~~~

·
Registered
758 Posts
Our local library has a box for the troops there, they are pretty good about most everything, I find.
Though, the librarians are not so helpful as in other locals I have used.
I just love it when organizations make it easy to give.
Politically, or perhaps I should say in civil rights I have problems with the Salvation Army, but, at the holidays I always thank the bell ringers for being out and making it easy to give.
Having the needs that people have put in your every day meanderings makes it easier to remember that there are so many who are in need.

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
(((((((( Yes, libraries.......great reminder.

Wal-mart had a system early on, too but as the war years wane one, you see fewer of them.

At each of my semi-annual dental checkups, I hit doc up for oral care products and she GIVES!

The firs time, she gave me four boxes of items as Doc H had retired and she bought his buisness. I had a kabillion Dr. Hartsook toothbrushes and in time sent them out! LOL!!

Donna Rae
~~~~~~

jelun said:
Our local library has a box for the troops there, they are pretty good about most everything, I find.
Though, the librarians are not so helpful as in other locals I have used.
I just love it when organizations make it easy to give.
Politically, or perhaps I should say in civil rights I have problems with the Salvation Army, but, at the holidays I always thank the bell ringers for being out and making it easy to give.
Having the needs that people have put in your every day meanderings makes it easier to remember that there are so many who are in need.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom