Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
The easist way is to first put markers on your needles every 50 stitches as you cast on so that you don't have to recount all of them as you go. Then work one or more rows before you join it. Keep in mind that you are working back and forth and may need to alter the pattern for those rows. Once you have done a couple of rows, joining is so much easier to do without having a twist. Happy Knitting!

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
Good advice from knittingstash, I often work one or two rows even on 100 stitches to make sure when I join that I won't be making a moebius cowl. And I also put markers and leave them on for patttern repeats, that way you can check each section for the right amount of stitches. Pays to check each one before you go too far as you knit.

Carol J.

·
Registered
6,396 Posts
I agree with knittingstash. If you knit 2-3 rows, you only have to join those together in the end.

The other hint that I use is to cast on one extra stitch and then when I get to the end and want to join. I join the last stitch the the first stitch by knitting 2 together. I have joined without losing a stitch and it really doesn't show.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for your replies to my question.

However my problem is to do with crochet not knitting.

I would appreciate any advice as I would really like to give this pattern a try.

·
Registered
23,691 Posts
In crochet you could do the same thing they are suggesting.. crochet back and forth for a few rows then you can lay it out on the floor or the table make sure all your stitches are straight.. then carfully join them...when you are done use the tail to close the gap on the few rows you were starting with.. it won't show and will be easier..
Also if when you are doing the first round if you want to keep it in the round as you come to each stitch just make sure you are either going through the bump or the V every time and it will be fine.. the twisting won't matter as much. you will still have a good foundation row that will be straight..

·
Registered
23,691 Posts
It is possible that if you had mentioned it was crochet in your title that others that crochet will respond...

lesleys said:
Thank you for your replies to my question.

However my problem is to do with crochet not knitting.

I would appreciate any advice as I would really like to give this pattern a try.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom