Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
817 Posts
I have 9” chia goo needles for socks. I had some Amazon gift cards so I bought them. 2 things: 1) my hands cramp badly when I use them. 2) I spend a LOT of time moving the stitches around the needles. So it’s magic loop for me. To each their own whether it’s short cables, magic loop, 2 circulars, or dpn’s.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I looked at some of the completed projects on Ravelry & it looks like this sock pattern is basically a tube sock with ribbing at the heel. Would you say that’s a correct assumption?

I agree about the small circumference circulars, they make my hands cramp. Plus, even a 9” circular is too big for the 56 stitches I usually cast on for socks for myself. But we never learn anything new if we always stay in our comfort zone!

·
Registered
53,032 Posts
Love the color of that yarn. I have been tempted to try the short needles but have not bitten. Your report is like many others I have seen. I will stick with my magic loop as I am totally satisfied with that method. Will look for the “magic” heel report.
I've tried the short ones- and they became expensive stitch holders such as for cables (only had two because the wrong size was sent first time and after I pointed out that I was in Australia they figured it was cheaper to not have the needle returned!). Which unlike most of my stitch holders have both got lost I had thought they would be easy to keep track off but for reason no.y ! I worked two pairs with the needle to give myself the chance to get used to using them as something new is always hard.
So back to my magic loop which for me is much better.

·
Registered
18,287 Posts
I've tried the short ones- and they became expensive stitch holders such as for cables (only had two because the wrong size was sent first time and after I pointed out that I was in Australia they figured it was cheaper to not have the needle returned!). Which unlike most of my stitch holders have both got lost I had thought they would be easy to keep track off but for reason no.y ! I worked two pairs with the needle to give myself the chance to get used to using them as something new is always hard.
So back to my magic loop which for me is much better.
Thank you for the info. I have a bit of arthritis in my hands and they never hurt with magic loop. I’ll likely stick with it.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts
Top Bottom