Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks,

I've been searching all over online trying to find a pattern for a Newsboy Cap with the bill or peak and haven't found any decent patterns. Though I do prefer a bill or peak that is ribbed. I think it looks cleaner than the one pictured below.

If you happen to know where I can locate, or have one you don't mind sharing, that would be great.
Attaching a photo so you can see the type of cap I'm looking to create.

Thanks so much!

Attachments

·
Registered
463 Posts
love the pattern, thanks for sharing

KnitLogical said:
This is my design but it belongs to Coats and Clark.

Go to Ravelry - search knitlogical - look through my portfolio and click to download as far as I am aware that.s all you have to do. If not PM me.

·
Registered
44 Posts
There are two patterns on redheart, but one has already been posted by elaine(the first one). There was another one very similar by Debbie Stoller. redheart.com/patterns/432
i haven't seen one exactly like the one in the pic though. Hope someone else can help more.

·
Registered
11,771 Posts
I have found that Lion Brand.com has just about any pattern I look for, FREE. They also send a nice catalog twice a year. To all my new friends on this site, I'll just pass along the folowing. I print patterns sot hat I don't have to wonder where I saw one. I have accumulated so many that I now have 6 notebooks, organized into knitting and crocheting, looming, etc., then tabbed sheets for scarves, hats, baby, toys, etc. One is strictly for instructions and tutorials (same thing?) A friend stopped by and went thru my knit book for a cap and took home 3 copies. Met a lady from Missouri in a store who wanted a stocking cap pattern. I gave her my number and when she got back home, called to thank me for helping find just what she wanted.. Is this a great small world? No strangers in my life.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I found one from Red Heart on line. It was knitted from RED HEART ZOOMY. I knitted it from worsted weight for my granddaughter. I assume that you could go to the Red Heart website. It looks great.

BGabe

·
Registered
11,771 Posts
Hi Kittikatt..Try Lion Brand #80777..also, FaveCrafts.com Newsboy Cap. I haven't made either, just in my hat notebook. Hope it helps.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Hi there

I am new to the site. I printed out this pattern but I have not completed it but it looks close to what you're looking for. Google -" Free Intermediate Knit Pattern - Newsboy Hat "
You don't need the quotation marks.

:)

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Hi kittikatt60
There is a news cap pattern in the Creative Knitting Accessories with Style - Fall 2010 edition. You could also try Creativeknittingmagazine.com. The site may have the pattern.
Good luck. I hope this was helpful to you.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom