Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,692 Posts
What size hat are you making? The set up round is K16, p3 repeating to end of round.(for the smallest size - Baby)
If child size it would be K16, P5 repeating to end of round

Baby (Child, Adult S, L)
P3 P5 P3 P5

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
7,138 Posts
aloham58 said:
I'm knitting a hat in the round. I've finished the ribbing band. Now the pattern is telling me to:

Work the set-up round: [k16,p3(5,3,5)]around.

The pattern is called Antler Hat by Tin Can Knits. Here is the link. http://www.tincanknits.com/pattern-PK-antlerhat.html

Thanks if you can help. I'm still a newbie!
It means you knit16, p3 ,around for and adult. I didn't look at the pattern but, I looked at the sizes and the middle number in the paraenthesis is for an adult. If you a check your CO number that should be divisable by 19 with no remainder. If not, I could also mean to repeat the knit16. p3. # times, so 19 x 3 would equal your total of stitches or c o number. I hope this makes sense. Just do the math and see which way it works out.
I did the math and it is not the later. Repeat number that is in parenthesis however many times you need to for the size you are making. NOT ...It is repeat k 16, p3 for adult around, for large adult knit 16, p 5 around.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you...now that makes sense! I'm just not experienced enough to note that yet. Next time I'll know better. Okay, back to regular scheduled knitting... :)

·
Registered
8,019 Posts
Those are the kind of hats I like but grandkids all want slouchy beanies--wonder how it could be made larger in circumference with the panels?

·
Registered
7,138 Posts
Grandmaknitstoo said:
It means you knit16, p3 ,around for and adult. I didn't look at the pattern but, I looked at the sizes and the middle number in the paraenthesis is for an adult. If you a check your CO number that should be divisable by 19 with no remainder. If not, I could also mean to repeat the knit16. p3. # times, so 19 x 3 would equal your total of stitches or c o number. I hope this makes sense. Just do the math and see which way it works out.
I did the math and it is not the later. Repeat number that is in parenthesis however many times you need to for the size you are making. NOT ...It is repeat k 16, p3 for adult around, for large adult knit 16, p 5 around.
You are welcome. I can't wait to see you finished hat. :D

·
Registered
4,074 Posts
disgo said:
Those are the kind of hats I like but grandkids all want slouchy beanies--wonder how it could be made larger in circumference with the panels?
Sure - EZ. Just measure your gauge in whatever yarn you use to do your swatch, and figure out how many repeats on the K & P sts in one repeat, to get the width you want. Most of the slouchy hats I've seen measure 21 - 25" around.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom