Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have finally finished the scarf I started months ago. It is about 4-5inches wide and about 6ft long. It hasn't been blocked and I am not intending to block it. Far too hot here at the moment for wearing but I daresay it will come in handy for someone.
Have a great day, Stay well and safe. John

Attachments

·
Registered
11,481 Posts
I think it will be a while before you need your chunky scarf John, unless you come over here to Perth where we are having unseasonably cold and wet weather at the moment. So far we have had at least 4 times our November rainfall. I have been thinking of doing some Tunisian crochet as I think I could manage that right handed (my dominant left hand is a problem at the mo), but I am having trouble sourcing a suitable crochet hook. Can you tell me where you buy yours from?
Thanks,
Maureen

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
Nice Bright Scarf! The little pompoms on the ends are a nice touch. I see that they are different than your average pompom, and I've seen them before ... but I can't remember if they have a specific name.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Maureen Therese said:
I think it will be a while before you need your chunky scarf John, unless you come over here to Perth where we are having unseasonably cold and wet weather at the moment. So far we have had at least 4 times our November rainfall. I have been thinking of doing some Tunisian crochet as I think I could manage that right handed (my dominant left hand is a problem at the mo), but I am having trouble sourcing a suitable crochet hook. Can you tell me where you buy yours from?
Thanks,
Maureen
Hello Maureen, Either way I won't be going to WA and am not likely to be wearing it myself.
Stop thinking about doing Tunisian crochet. If you start out you don't need to go and buy hooks. If you already crochet and have a favourite one that will hold about 10 to 15 sts then you can do the basics until you become accustomed to the stitch. There are drey loads of videos on the net that you can source and check it out.
I have several sets of The Denise interchangeable hooks/needles but I don't use all of them.
Launch out and start practicing Best regards, JOHN

·
Registered
11,481 Posts
Hi John, I thought I had replied to you earlier today, but I must have pushed the wrong button, because it is obviously not here. I have tried this form of crochet before, and thought I had done it on a longer hook (which I now cannot find), but methinks I must have used a normal hook back then. I will check with the ladies in the knitting group tomorrow. Someone there may have one.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom