Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I met a lady at Joann's and she shared her Tunisian stitch afghan blanket of Spiderman with a background of buildings in the background. It was very detailed, the web was yellow with black veins/stitching and a building in the background and Spiderman was in a kneeling pose. So I asked her if she would share the pattern she gave me weird response, I have to find it. Even though she is currently working on it. I asked her for the name and she said "you should look online somewhere". I asked her for her email she said I don't have an email address and I asked her if she has ever used Ravelry, she stated she has never heard of it.

So, if anyone can give me the name of or a link for a Tunisian stitch Spiderman pattern it can be free or for purchase.
I have already checked Ravelry, Google, Pinterest and Etsy, they are not nearly as interesting as the unsharing lady.

Thanks

·
Registered
9,158 Posts
I met a lady at Joann's and she shared her Tunisian stitch afghan blanket of Spiderman with a background of buildings in the background. It was very detailed, the web was yellow with black veins/stitching and a building in the background and Spiderman was in a kneeling pose. So I asked her if she would share the pattern she gave me weird response, I have to find it. Even though she is currently working on it. I asked her for the name and she said "you should look online somewhere". I asked her for her email she said I don't have an email address and I asked her if she has ever used Ravelry, she stated she has never heard of it.

So, if anyone can give me the name of or a link for a Tunisian stitch Spiderman pattern it can be free or for purchase.
I have already checked Ravelry, Google, Pinterest and Etsy, they are not nearly as interesting as the unsharing lady.

Thanks

If she is the one designing it and it is not ready for the public you are out of luck.
She has no obligation to reveal to anyone her personal information.
If it is not her design and someone else's design, no sharing is legal so she is just protecting herself and the designer.

Also you may not find one in the public offerings because of Trademark protections. Also possible she was just taking images and webbing to create her own interpretation.

I agree with her about looking on line for something you may like instead.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

If she is the one designing it and it is not ready for the public you are out of luck.
She has no obligation to reveal to anyone her personal information.
If it is not her design and someone else's design, no sharing is legal so she is just protecting herself and the designer.

Also you may not find one in the public offerings because of Trademark protections. Also possible she was just taking images and webbing to create her own interpretation.

I agree with her about looking on line for something you may like instead.

Thank you for the information. She told me it was a pattern she found online somewhere and she had to look for it.
But you are correct, I should just forget about that one.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top Bottom