Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have found out that the vintage pattern I use from Patons c11 book has now been modified and recopywritten by another company .. does this mean ANYONE can fiddle an old pattern.. change a couple of things and re copywrite them in order to profit ??Honestly - ticks me off that people are copywriting BASIC patterns such as sock,glove,scarf patterns and calling them their own?? REALLY??
How can generic basic shapes of design be re copy written over and over ??
Packing up my soapbox and picking up my needles.. LOL

Attachments

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi- the seam is down the back straight down the middle all the way until you cast off for end- sew that bit across toes and
Honestly you cannot feel the seam..

·
Registered
171 Posts
good morning nana knits, your socks are fantastic! I always knit them with four needles until I tried the two needle version--love the two needle--i now only knit two needle mittens--instead of four needle. thank you for sharing your pictures. the yarn is really cool!

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
nannaknits said:
I have found out that the vintage pattern I use from Patons c11 book has now been modified and recopywritten by another company .. does this mean ANYONE can fiddle an old pattern.. change a couple of things and re copywrite them in order to profit ??Honestly - ticks me off that people are copywriting BASIC patterns such as sock,glove,scarf patterns and calling them their own?? REALLY??
How can generic basic shapes of design be re copy written over and over ??
Packing up my soapbox and picking up my needles.. LOL
good ? all about the $ p.s. great socks

·
Registered
76 Posts
Love the yarn and the two needle pattern. Years ago (and I mean years) I learned to knit while living in Alaska. Most of the yarns and needles came from Canada. A two needle sock, hat, and mitten pattern was offered with some very bulky yarn that I bought. The patterns were great for a beginner and I made tons of hats, socks, and mittens for brothers, nieces, nephews, and friends. Well, I didn't knit for many years and now cannot find the pattern. The yarn was Mary Maxim. I've written to the company and was told they didn't have the pattern. If you can share this pattern it would be most appreciated, or let us know where you found it. Just this winter I have learned to knit socks on dpn and circulars, but would still love to make those two needle socks. Thanks.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Good morning Nana!!! Beautiful socks.!!!!!! The color is out standing!!! What a pro job!! I made only one pr. of 4 needle socks in my life. The last too haha.. I had such a time of it. But I sure would like to try a 2 needle sock. Did you get the pattern on line? Would you please share?? I have sock yarn & purchased last year at JoAnn's Fabrics. Don't ask why I bought sock yarn & not sock pattern or any idea of knitting a pr. But the YARN!!!! It was so pretty!!!lol. That's me, can't pass up a sale or pretty yarn. You know what they say, a knitter never has to much yarn. And I am one of them!! Have a nice day!! :)

1 - 20 of 79 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom