Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
7,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! I wanted to share a few pictures of two more samples I knitted up of my new Satie design. (I had posted my natural colored one last week.) I found this intuitive lace pattern to be really relaxing and meditative to knit, particularly when combined with garter stitch for a "lace break", so I kept grabbing more yarn and knitting more samples, which I don't usually do. I think I have about 6 of them at this point, and am in the middle of another.

It's so interesting how the same design takes on a very different character depending on the color. So I went for a medium/light and then a slightly darker tone with these two to contrast with much lighter color of my main sample. These two are also knitted in Ultra Wool by Berroco, which has become my new favorite worsted yarn. It is such a pleasure to knit with, and I really love the way the finished shawls turn out, with a fantastic drape and so soft! Plus at $12 a 219-yards skein, it is a nice moderately priced yarn with an upscale look and feel.

The teal colorway called Verbena was used for the large pattern size with a 74 inch wingspan; the purple colorway called Wisteria was used for the the medium size of 64 inches. I added tassels (new for me) to the medium. The pattern includes a video link to making tassels with my own extra hints, since I literally had to consult YouTube myself since it had been about 40 years since I made a tassel! I used about 720 yds for the large; 560 yds for the medium, knitted on US 8/ 5 mm needles.

The Satie pattern can be found here: https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/satie

Attachments

·
Registered
7,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sandiego said:
Dee, Gorgeous, gorgeous and more gorgeous! The two color ways are so scrumptious! The tassels add a little whimsy to the purple Satie. All your patterns are sooooo pretty! ????????????
Thanks Candy! I appreciate that! I do love the tassels, I like the way they weight the ends down when I wear the shawl like a scarf, cowboy style. I might add it to some of my older ones that I wear that way if I can find the yarn again.

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
Oh, how beautiful these Satie's are... The colors are stunning... Couldn't pick one over the other if my life depended on it... They really do a great job of showing off your gorgeous design...

Love those adorable tassels... :sm09:

·
Registered
7,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
GrannieAnnie F said:
They turned out very nice! I really like the lavender one! I like that the top isn't as big as the other (less garter rows). : )
Thanks! The lavender one starts with 30 rows vs 54 for the larger. It's a nice size too, big enough to use as a wrap but still a nice size as a large scarf, depending on where you hang the bottom tip.

·
Registered
7,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
nanciann said:
Oh, how beautiful these Satie's are... The colors are stunning... Couldn't pick one over the other if my life depended on it... They really do a great job of showing off your gorgeous design...

Love those adorable tassels... :sm09:
Thanks Nan! I am really happy with both of these colors and am sure that I'll wear both equally, although I might be a tad partial to the teal. But then, the purple does have the tassels, which I've become very fond of!

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
stevieland said:
Thanks Nan! I am really happy with both of these colors and am sure that I'll wear both equally, although I might be a tad partial to the teal. But then, the purple does have the tassels, which I've become very fond of!
That's fine with me... I'll take the one with the tassels... ????????????????

·
Registered
983 Posts
Such beautiful colors teamed up with a wonderful pattern! Dee, I totally see what you mean about it being intuitive, meditative, and relaxing...I’d like to add Addictive! I’ve cast on #6 this evening...Thank you again for such a beautiful and fun project!

1 - 20 of 86 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom