Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

· Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Once again we are being hit by gale force winds and news reports of people injured...or worse across the UK. Here in my little part of the country (Norfolk) the wind is howling as I type....but I know others are getting worse than we are here !!
Stay safe and warm guys !!!

· Registered
4,578 Posts
Had to go to work yesterday,(walking) during the worst of the gales here, lots of trees down and blocking roads,some flooding.......the council are going to be busy clearing up the damage. Had calmed down by home time but the wind is getting up again as I type and oh joy I have to walk in it again :thumbdown:

· Registered
822 Posts
Hi all, yes its blowing gales in Devon too. We had such a downpour yesterday, that the rain was running off the fields, into the barn, and under the straw bales and out the other side...... a real deluge. Nearly blew me off my feet when I walked the dog. It has subsided a bit today, so hope it dies down across the country too. Next week is supposed to be better they say!!!! lets hope they're right. Stay safe all x

· Registered
3,624 Posts
It was horrendous in the north east too yesterday, I had to nip to the shops with the dogs and the 3 of us were battling it, i'd felt so exhausted by the time i got back, you'd think i'd ran a marathon hehe.. I feel heartily sorry for those in scotland as their gusts were up to 100 miles an hour at one point :(

· Registered
3,953 Posts
it has quietened down here in North Essex,yesterday was horrendous,high winds and heavy rain,the wind brought trees down in Warwickshire where one of daughters lives...I worry,they have a 100ft.Redwood in their garden,but fortunately just many branches down,the boys large trampoline completely overturned...why do children think it is all fun' a belated Happy New Year to all. :)

· Registered
15,620 Posts
We in Ireland always get the weather a day before it hits England, so if you want to know what you're getting, just check our forecast! Today its calm, raining heavily and cold. Not much to look forward to. lol

· Registered
822 Posts
inishowen said:
We in Ireland always get the weather a day before it hits England, so if you want to know what you're getting, just check our forecast! Today its calm, raining heavily and cold. Not much to look forward to. lol
same her in devon/cornwall, hits us straight off the atlantic - lovely!!!! NOT.............

· Registered
9,217 Posts
The Northeast coast of England also gets it very bad, especially the gale force winds, which are rampant as I type. Quite often they come over from Siberia, so you can imagine how cold it gets when they are raging. I do not go out when they are this bad, just as well I shop for a week at a time.

· Registered
4,448 Posts
Yes, all please be safe & warm. I am in south Florida for the winter and yesterday, we had gale-force winds as well, not to mention freezing in many areas. Hopefully, the crops will be ok as the growers took precautions. I'm hoping for the best for our gardenias as they were just beginning to bloom earlier in the week.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom