Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for FREE unique knitted sock patterns which have interesting HEEL patterns, such as the "double heelix" or "tiptoe through the tulips" heels. I would appreciate any help with this. (I feel like I've gone through the whole internet looking!) I appreciate any and all efforts! THANK YOU!!

:thumbup:

·
Registered
10,994 Posts
Look thru all the socks at www.knitty.com. In particular I'm thinking Hat Heel & Skew.

Look on YouTube for Cat Borhdi's Sweet Tomato Heel. You can watch the video then put the heel on any sock pattern you want, so you don't have to buy her e-book if you don't want to/can't afford it.

also, at ravelry.com I'd look up Cat Borhdi and see if she has any free socks. Also Stephanie van der Linden is a good sock designer though I'm not sure if her heels are particularly unique or not but worth a look.

·
Registered
10,994 Posts
Also, just in case you haven't looked here already, go to www.ravelry.com. You have to join but it's free. You can do a general search for socks, then filter to only knit, then only free.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
THX again...I already did that and found some patterns. I'd like to find some socks with "scenes" on the heels, even if I would have to pay for the pattern. I'm just starting knitting again & found I love to knit socks!!

·
Registered
10,994 Posts
just thought of another - check out the socks by fiber trends. I remember they have some socks called Walk Away Socks or something like that that had designs or maybe just the stitch pattern that continues down the heel.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom