Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All

Does anyone have or can they direct me to a knit or crochet pattern of the University of Pittsburgh (PITT) logo ?

A nephew of mine requested a pillow, apparently he saw this at a craft show he was at with his Mom.

Any help will be appreciated

Thanks !!!

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you

I did that before I posted on here.

I think he just wants "PITT" which seems east enough but I am the type of person who does better with a pattern ????

Thank you again

·
Registered
178 Posts
i down loaded the the pick or work from the web sight and went to a copy place and had them put in on graph paper.... i gave them a sheet of knit graph paper the put it on a clear sheet of paper then put it over the picture or wording and make a copy for me..... i also needed it larger so they enlarged it for me and then instead of 1 stitch per square i did 2 or 3 per squar to make it larger.. i hope this helps

·
Registered
157,623 Posts

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
Goldie211 said:
i down loaded the the pick or work from the web sight and went to a copy place and had them put in on graph paper.... i gave them a sheet of knit graph paper the put it on a clear sheet of paper then put it over the picture or wording and make a copy for me..... i also needed it larger so they enlarged it for me and then instead of 1 stitch per square i did 2 or 3 per squar to make it larger.. i hope this helps
This is what I would do if you want it to be in the official Pitt script. As a Pitt grad I'd be interested in something like this-let me see if I can find anything.

·
Premium Member
20,094 Posts
Scoot915 said:
Thank you

I did that before I posted on here.

I think he just wants "PITT" which seems east enough but I am the type of person who does better with a pattern ????

Thank you again
Get graph paper specifically for knitting and graph the word into a visual pattern. You could also duplicate-stitch the design onto a knitted item, which would be your easiest bet. Best wishes!

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hello all

I want to thank everyone who responded.
After some trail and error I finally finished a PITT pillow for the kid and he loved it.
I ended up finding Stitchboard.com, a free service where one can upload a picture and Stichboard puts the picture onto a grid with colors you choose.
The final result is just single crochet stitched background, then cross stitching the pattern as someone here suggested.

So thanks again for the help.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom