Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure of this project I try doing a throw in entrelac knitting

When to buy wool locally and found I couldn't get the colours I wanted :(

So I gave it a try with feather wool but don't about I only done a couple in second row with second colour. I was change colour on every set of rows.

but I don't know about it :?: :?:

Attachments

· Registered
11,154 Posts
I sincerely admire you for doing entrelac with that kind of yarn. I make the hats you see on my avatar to sell locally for charity. As a result I get a lot of odd balls of yarn passed on to me. Very few I can use. If I can't easily see the stitches to pick up I don't use it. A hat requires about 90 stitches to be picked up.

· Registered
2,080 Posts
That's really ambitious - feather yarns are so difficult when it comes to counting stitches and rows you've worked. But I love the colours and hope you'll stick with it, I'm sure it will be worth it.

· Registered
477 Posts
mor_minor said:
Not sure of this project I try doing a throw in entrelac knitting

When to buy wool locally and found I couldn't get the colours I wanted :(

So I gave it a try with feather wool but don't about I only done a couple in second row with second colour. I was change colour on every set of rows.

but I don't know about it :?: :?:
Love the colors!!

· Registered
14,208 Posts
Your scarf looks nice ..bright colors..a lot of hard work in entrelac and challenging.
Now having said that..Entrelac is a beautiful knitting technique in its self...The beauty of entrelac is that you can "see" the intertwining weaving..Not sure I would do this pattern for your throw...MHO only but I admire your perservance.
Good luck.

· Registered
54,883 Posts
I'm unsure too! My first response to what you wrote was that the Feathers by itself was enough and wouldn't show the interlacing- but then I looked and your contrasting colours do show up the interlacing. But don't if I would as enterlac is so intesne to work without the added hassles of the feathers (but then again feathers doesn't show mistakes so it is very forgiving. And as are only working small sections at a time counting rows and stitches is not really an issue.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom