Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A bit ago, I posted a note about Red Heart Yarn I had purchased that looked very poorly "wound"z (for lack of a better description)....and had sent a note of complaint to Coats and Clark. Well.....it seems they are having problems with some of the acrylic yarn they use in the dye process...and they are working on "fixing" the problem...BUT, for my inconvenience, I have received 3 skeins of Red Heart Super Saver in a color I chose...I will continue to purchase Red Heart, partly because it is US made and partly because of the customer service....great to know that there still are some companies that care...

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Not all is made in the USA. I am looking at the labels from RHSS and yes made in the USA of imported fibers. RH Soft..says right on the label, made in Turkey. So I need to start reading the labels better. I like to buy made in USA products when possible. This is the first RH soft I have purchased, and did not check until afterwards, as I too thought it was all made in the USA.

·
Registered
3,893 Posts
ladysjk said:
Not all is made in the USA. I am looking at the labels from RHSS and yes made in the USA of imported fibers. RH Soft..says right on the label, made in Turkey. So I need to start reading the labels better. I like to buy made in USA products when possible. This is the first RH soft I have purchased, and did not check until afterwards, as I too thought it was all made in the USA.
Now that you mention it many of the yarns are made in Turkey today no matter what the brand name is and the cost.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Thank you for letting us all know that there are still companies that value their customers. I certainly will now start buying Red Heart products and support them; especially since they are operating their business in the good old USA.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I had a problem with a skein of Red Heart - it was chopped up, probably cut when being wound. I called and complained. They replaced the one skein with 6 (yes, six) skeins of yarn. That is customer service and why I buy their yarn.

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
ladysjk said:
As do I....they can be a little sneaky...but I am getting so I always read the label, as I too, prefer to buy US made...and it is hard to find products like that sometimes, and you know what ladies.....Many times you will find the US products are CHEAPER!!! Go figure!! (except that you know shipping will add to the expense)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom