Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Administrator
1,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello dear members,

I wanted to communicate that I have updated the Rules in the main section of the site and Attic. I want you all to enjoy the community and be engage with each other, have fun and talk about knitting. Many topics are discussed on this forum and some of you may not agree with all the topics discussed, that's fine, let's just have that debate in a respectable manner. It's been a tough year for all of us and we are on this site because we create...create beautiful items with our hands and want to engage in a community who has the same love for that dear craft. Lately I have seen more and more aggressive conversations, let's remember to respect one another, again we might not agree with each others point of view and that is fine however I will not tolerate the hate posts and the bullying. We are all adults and should act so, I know our emotions are all over the place because it has been a very tough year, all I ask is before you judge and starting pointing fingers and head for a negative route try to remember we are all human, we all make mistakes and have feelings.

Let's try to support and encourage one another, let's show off your fantastic pieces of art and let's chat. In the most humane way possible :)

The Holidays are around the corner, time to start knitting faster :D

Be safe all!

·
Registered
31,673 Posts
Thank you for this reminder. I, for one, would like to see all political topics posted in the Attic. So many members have decided to disregard your rules and post them in General Chit Chat. I don't subscribe to the Attic because of the nasty name calling and rude comments that I have seen there. I subscribe to General Chit Chat because I like looking at all the different posts there with the exception of political posts.

In the past, topics that were posted in the wrong section were quickly moved to the correct section. I hope that you will be more diligent in moving them.

Can you please let us know when people can join this forum again. I have recommended this forum to a couple of people who have not been able to join.

Thank you.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Admin said:
Hello dear members,

I wanted to communicate that I have updated the Rules in the main section of the site and Attic. I want you all to enjoy the community and be engage with each other, have fun and talk about knitting. Many topics are discussed on this forum and some of you may not agree with all the topics discussed, that's fine, let's just have that debate in a respectable manner. It's been a tough year for all of us and we are on this site because we create...create beautiful items with our hands and want to engage in a community who has the same love for that dear craft. Lately I have seen more and more aggressive conversations, let's remember to respect one another, again we might not agree with each others point of view and that is fine however I will not tolerate the hate posts and the bullying. We are all adults and should act so, I know our emotions are all over the place because it has been a very tough year, all I ask is before you judge and starting pointing fingers and head for a negative route try to remember we are all human, we all make mistakes and have feelings.

Let's try to support and encourage one another, let's show off your fantastic pieces of art and let's chat. In the most humane way possible :)

The Holidays are around the corner, time to start knitting faster :D

Be safe all!
Thank you.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Thank you for the reminder. Unfortunately there will always be those that choose to ignore these rules. It's nice to chat with others in reference to other topics however, ending all political discussions would certainly help. I t would be great to have this site for knitting, crocheting and other crafts only. No politics. Just saying.

·
Registered
11,975 Posts
Why not a political section, too. Too hot? It’ll get hotter and if we don’t talk it out now, we deserve what we get. Politics is a frequent subject in our living room, never in the attic. Hiding stuff only makes it harder to deal with down the road.

·
Registered
757 Posts
ade said:
Why not a political section, too. Too hot? It'll get hotter and if we don't talk it out now, we deserve what we get. Politics is a frequent subject in our living room, never in the attic. Hiding stuff only makes it harder to deal with down the road.
I agree!!
:sm01: :sm15:

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom