Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I need a pattern for a v-neck raglan sleeve sweater that is knit top down and is written for worsted weight yarn. I am wanting to make a sweater for my son but the only pattern I have found is for dk weight yarn and the pattern gauge is way off even for dk weight yarn.

·
Registered
13,836 Posts
If you need the patterns for a 'male' member/friend, just switch the side you put the buttonholes on:
http://www.cosmicpluto.com/blog/patterns-by-laura-chau/cosmicpluto-knits-top-down-cardi-new-and-improved/

Calculator-based Raglan:
http://www.knittingfool.com/pages/topdown.guest.cfm

I would have provided more...but calculated? Saves on stitch rip-outs.

bbourrie said:
Hi, I need a pattern for a v-neck raglan sleeve sweater that is knit top down and is written for worsted weight yarn. I am wanting to make a sweater for my son but the only pattern I have found is for dk weight yarn and the pattern gauge is way off even for dk weight yarn.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks you for the info. I forgot to mention that the sweater is a pullover. I checked out the sites you gave but the one that calculates with percentage doesn't allow for a v-neck. My son wants to have the raglan sleeves a different color then the body of the sweater and also wants a 3 stripes in the body of the sweater of the raglan sleeve color. I was hoping to find a pattern that would have the number of stitches laid out for the v-neck so I wouldn't have to try as I go because stitch backing out with a two colors I don't think will be fun.

·
Registered
13,836 Posts
Nice webpage! Now...if I didn't have to worry about Microsoft Word/Excel crashes I could set up entry and total fields as needed through that MS Office Word file I just created for the future sweater knit marathon....!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom