Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm looking for some help. I'm making a V neck sweater for my grandson, I've used this pattern before and the V was skewed not nice and straight. Have looked for videos on the net without any luck. The pattern calls for picking up stitches around the neck and creating a band with the V being nicely centered mine drifted to one side. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
(((((( Knitted or crocheted, etc?

Can you frog it for a redo?

Good luck!
~~~~~
Lea Soltis said:
Hi, I'm looking for some help. I'm making a V neck sweater for my grandson, I've used this pattern before and the V was skewed not nice and straight. Have looked for videos on the net without any luck. The pattern calls for picking up stitches around the neck and creating a band with the V being nicely centered mine drifted to one side. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
12,261 Posts
Yes I just completed a v neckline. Pick up sts along back first, then down left side, place marker, pick up one center st, place marker, and go on to pick up sts on right side of neck. Rnd 1, k1,p1, ribbing to 2 sts before marker ,decrease every rnd before and after markers. (middle stitch should be a knit stitch so make the number of your stitches to accommodate the rib st.) Continue to decrease every rnd untill your ribbing is 1 to 1 1/2 inches. Bind off in rib and also decrease on bind off rnd.
When you dec on a purl it will look not quite right, but then the next rnd is a k st for the dec and it will make a perfect V.
I attached picture.

Lea Soltis said:

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am having the vneck problem with the boogie vest. Cannot for the life of me figure out where I went wrong but the opening is definitely in the wrong place. Have reread the directions & still cannot find out what I did wrong. Will put it aside for now and hope lightning strikes when I try again.
Peach Orchard

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks, I've ripped many times. I didn't rip out the neck of the other sweater because it needed to go in the mail to another grandson. I'll try the suggestions probably within a week I need to have this one in the mail by next Thursday at the latest. Thanks for the suggestions!!!!

·
Registered
41,678 Posts
It could be the pattern...I've run across several where there were incorrect instructions. When that happens, I pull other similar patterns and look to see how they're written to see if I can figure it out that way. When all else fails, I try to use the instructions from another pattern to finish.

·
Registered
12,261 Posts
This a new pattern, made with a new worsted wieght cotton, called Cotton Twirl, which will soon be offered free, by www.crystalpalace.com. The pattern stitch is called the 'victory stitch'. It is done over a repeat of 13 sts and 10 rows.
Glad you like it. It will be available soon.
Linda M.

tamarque said:
Nice work. Like the pattern. Can you share the lace/cable?

·
Registered
494 Posts
Linda6885 said:
This a new pattern, made with a new worsted wieght cotton, called Cotton Twirl, which will soon be offered free, by www.crystalpalace.com. The pattern stitch is called the 'victory stitch'. It is done over a repeat of 13 sts and 10 rows.
Linda M.

Very nice pattern and I'll be on the lookout for it. Thanks for sharing the info.

Where in southern WI are you located?
Carol L.

tamarque said:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hello Yona,

I have to say Hi to you as I have a granddaughter whose name is Yona also. She's 8, her mother is Welsh, our daughter-in-law grew up in Burry Port. Are you from Wales by any chance???

Lea Soltis

·
Registered
12,261 Posts
I live in Elkhorn.

Carol L. said:
Linda6885 said:
Linda M.

Very nice pattern and I'll be on the lookout for it. Thanks for sharing the info.

Where in southern WI are you located?
Carol L.

tamarque said:

·
Registered
235 Posts
Lea: It doesn't look that bad, I think you are being hypercritical of your work.

If you are sure you picked up an even number of stitches on each side of the front neckline, and an even number of stitches on each side of the back neckline to the center back, then the problem is with the blocking.

If you made it with anything besides wool (or majority value wool), you cannot block it. If you made it with wool, just reblock the neckline from the underarm up.

One this is on a kid with a collared shirt underneath, you will never notice anything, I am not sure it is worth all your aggravation. Teddy

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hi Teddy,

I didn't post a picture of the sweater I made for my older grandson that's someone else's work. I want to try to perfect the process as the next project will be for my son-in-law same pattern only for big boys. ;)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom