Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is one of my favorites for a gift...it's the Baktus scarf...google for this simple pattern. It's knit in garter stitch and uses Yarn over and K2 tog to form it's elongated triangular shape. I've knitted it from simple sock yarn...blended sock and lace weight mohair and for this one a sequined yarn for my "fashionista" pal. It can be tied in front with the point in back between the shoulder blades, wrapped around the neck or tied so that the point falls off one shoulder...simple and elegant...my pal Marilyn is so hard to buy for. I decided to surprise her with this "sequined" fun item.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
You wow us yet again, Lil.... : ) I'm sure your friend will LOVE it!

·
Registered
202 Posts
Beautiful work - and luscious yarn with the sparkles :)
Thank you for sharing the name - I've searched Google, and the patterns are endless - good in one way - but where do we get the time to knit all those lovely patterns we like :roll:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi: I am working on my second Baktus scarf. They are soooo much fun to make!!! What a great idea to put on sequins. Did you sew them on after the scarf was finished??? It looks wonderful. I am planning to make afew more over the summer, using sock yarn and no. 3 needles, for Christmas! Happy knitting!! Jean

·
Registered
35 Posts
The scarf is very elegant looking, and versatile. With that shape, and being able to wear it so many different ways. Makes me think I need to make one! Very nice, Thank you

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
Wow raveled it and the patterns are all gorgeous -was looking for sock yarn ideas. I have now saved all those patterns. Looks like some for Christmas!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just love this, I am going to try this as an item to my Bid or buy listings to see if this will be something that non crafters will buy as a completed project.That you for the referal to the pattern.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom