Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been searching in vain to get a copy of Vogue Crochet 2012 special edition, seems as though it might be out of print, although I can not understand why this would be the case. It can be downloaded directly from Vogue knitting if you have an ipad, but I do not own an ipad. I have noticed a few web sites that offer a free book download, iLivid and eboook are the book download sites I keep coming across. Does anyone know if these sites are safe and if so, can the book be downloaded to a computer, or does it have to be downloaded to an ipad or a similar device.

·
Registered
5,595 Posts
I can't think a business like Vogue would cater to Ipad owners only. Surely it will download to your computer. If you are using windows there is a file which is prepared to accept any and all downloads not otherwise directed. You just have to select download after having paid for the book and it will come directly there. I would think Apple would do the same but have no experience there.

·
Registered
13,787 Posts

·
Registered
6,147 Posts
I downloaded a complete Vogue knitting book from a free site on to my Macbook and got gibberish.I emailed it to my son's PC ,he reformatted it[or something] and emailed it back in a downloadable form.Other than that,no problem.

·
Registered
4,673 Posts
mac.worrall said:
I downloaded a complete Vogue knitting book from a free site on to my Macbook and got gibberish.I emailed it to my son's PC ,he reformatted it[or something] and emailed it back in a downloadable form.Other than that,no problem.
A lot of items sent from a PC to a Mac cannot be opened, but there is a free program you can get to open most of these. Its called "flip for mac". Google for the site. I've been using it for years. Also its free!!This problem has been around for a long time, and businesses etc mostly run PC's. If you have a choice to download, select "PDF" as those files open on any computer.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
I have Itunes on my pc and if I'm not mistaken, you can view with that after purchasing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom