Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
They are all beautiful. My grandmother used to make knitted washcloths. I guess I am spoiled--do not want to use anything but them now. After she passed away, I had to learn to knit so that I could carry on her tradition. Gram always used the same pattern. I like your variety.

·
Registered
29,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I knit them in 100% cotton so they would be suitable for either.

·
Registered
12,389 Posts
Very pretty.I like the colors. I love to use the one's I make. There are so many patterns out there. I like the co 33st knit 4 rows. next row k 1 yo k2tog repeat till the end next row knit. repeat these rows till the length you like End with knit 4 rows. This pattern has just enough wholes to make it dry fast so there is no smell. It calls for size 8 needle I have made them with size 8, 7 and 6. I knit very loose. Every time I use a different needle and it comes out different. I usually put 3 together for gifts.

·
Registered
29,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That was my idea, I just did a row of double (your single) round the edge.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
I love these. I made some washcloths a long time ago, but they were straight garter stitch and no knitted in pic...
they were great for scrubbing, but didn't hold up well. What brand of cotton yarn, or yarn period, do you use for yours?

·
Registered
6,747 Posts
rujam said:
Here are some washcloths I just completed. It made a change from knitting toys.
Nice colors and variety!

·
Registered
29,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I used 100% cotton $13 per 200 gram balls from Bendigo Woollen Mills in Victoria, Australia. As I ordered 3 balls I received free postage, they would probably have a special rate for overseas.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom