Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I'm an "older" divorcee, I now live in a condo complex..it suits me. Though condo life has it's draw backs and car washing is one of them. Oh there's a hose connection not far from my door..but I cannot simply connect a hose and run it out to the street to wash my car...a bike lane running along the street prevents that.

Today I ended up stringing several hoses together, pulling my car next to my garage and toiling for 2 hours to wash the silly thing. Why? Well, because those $10.00 car washes do a horrid job!! I hosed it down..scrubbed, got the wheel brush out, scrubbed some more, rinsed off and then finally had to dry the silly little blue car - don't want spots! It came out very nice, sparkling clean, better than that $10.00 automated thing that sends me into claustrophobic panic attacks!

Then one of my young neighbors (who rents) came along and said "hey I need to wash my car too, just pull your car out and let me wash mine"...I almost hosed him off! No "please can I borrow your hoses and park my car in your parking spot"..just a demand. I told him the car wash up the street was a mere $10.00 and he didn't have to say please or thank you!

Put away my hoses,big sponge, wheel brush, wheel cleaner, drying towel and took a nap!

·
Registered
8,248 Posts
(gasp) How rude of him.
Too much texting, I suppose. One must get to the point to avoid extra data charges, maybe.

·
Registered
3,485 Posts
rose haft said:
I'm so cheap! I wait till it rains, then soap up the car in the carport. When that's done, I back it out into the rain for the rinse off. I hop out & leave it there till the rain stops.
:) :) :) But what if it stops as soon as you've backed out!!! You'll be all soapy xxx

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom