Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my waterfall beaded scarf that I started last week. it is for Dawn, a co-worker for her B-Day. I am using beads all the way through the scarf, which so far is about 1500 beads. i am using blues, greens, and aqua colored, her favorite colors. This pattern is from Jane Davis in "beadwork" magazine Dec 01/Jan 02. It is also on this site. Type in Lois C. waterfall beaded scarf in the search section on top of this page and you will find it.

I also finally finished my husbands scarf for x-mas! Just did a simple ribbing using Astral yarn in Goldrush. Very soft.

Attachments

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Annette, I started it a week ago. i spend about 2 hrs a day on it average. started the 2nd half on Sun. It is easy to do but time consuming. I string about 300 beads on at a time and then as you are knitting you have to move the beads down in sections. you can't move them all at once or your yarn will break. I think next time I will use a stronger yarn. I am using naturally Caron Spa in bamboo mix. It is really soft but splits pretty bad. I am also using size 6/0 beads which fits DK yarn wt.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
I knitted a similar scarf in October and once I finished it, I swore NEVER again. Working with beads is just not for me. I was constantly worried about what I was doing, and to me knitting is supposed to be pleasurable.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom