Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a website we can go to when we want to change the size of yarn we're using. EX: the pattern called for worsted weight and I want to use sock weight. I need toknow know how to adjust the pattern for the smaller yarn for size, etc. thanks for any info on this subject. I was hoping for a website where you put in your new yarn weight and it told you what changes to make on the pattern etc.

·
Registered
12 Posts
If there is a website i will use it. Here is what i do when i change yarn weight. I do a goodsized swatch with the new yarn using the needles recomended on newyarn's label. I check the stitches per inch and divide them by the pattern guage. I get a number such as "1.25", which I use to apply to the directions. Eg: an instruction that says co:100 stitches I would co 125.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thank you very much for the info. are you joining Designer 1234's knit along to make a sweater using up your scraps it looks very cool. I want to try it, the scraps are knit so they look vertical. I won't look wide and cobby. Yaa!

·
Registered
907 Posts
smoses said:
thank you very much for the info. are you joining Designer 1234's knit along to make a sweater using up your scraps it looks very cool. I want to try it, the scraps are knit so they look vertical. I won't look wide and cobby. Yaa!
Hi! I saw your reply and I have found some side to side knit sweater patterns that you could do so the stripes run vertical. I found them on the Ravelry website... I hate how everything is horizontal stripes but here is an alternative if you haven`t thought of it before!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom