Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
5,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we went to town today to get lumber for the utility room.it wil have a tub and washing machine.
we went to goodwill first.an elderly lady grabbed my hubby and made him dance with her.i look over and hear him
saying "i dont dance-i have 2 left feet" as she continues to like ballroom dance with him.
he says i have one of these already(a woman).i was seeing him being twirled about.lol.
he was looking so scared and looking for me to come save him.as soon as i appear.she stops.
goodness.
then we go to home depot.my hubby and i went to look for the lumber we need.none of what we needed.so odd.
so he needed chain for his window.he and i measure 10 ft.of chain.then we talk to some church friends who are there.
then he looks at the chain and ask me what it is.he honestly truly like lost his mind for like 15 minutes.then another 45 minutes to get him mind ok.
i had to explain he measured and cut the chain and he needed it for his shop windows.he looked at me so leery like i was telling him a lie.
this went on and on.i started to cry cause i was so scared for him.
then we went to buy the chain he did not believe he needed.i saw he got out the correct amount of money.so that was a good sign.
i think maybe we need to not do the utility room till the shop is completely done.i think hes brain over loaded.
i tried to get him to go to the hospital.
he even asked me if the couple we talked to had really been there.
he told me if it ever happens again where he looses his mind...to take him to the hospital no matter what he says.
now i am keeping an eye out on him.
i was never so happy to get home.i see he knew how to get here.i see he knew out p.o.box number when he got the mail.
so so scary.
we are home now.had several visitors.i was glad to have them visit...we told them what happened.they said probably just the heat.hmm.so
i told him.lets just enjoy the rest of the season.no utility room.no porch.no deck.
we installed metal roofing on all the buildings this year.
we torn down the big mobile home and cleared all of it off.
we got all our wood in for winter and got the shop built.so that may be wil be it for this summer season.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Oh my, Raedean. That is scary. I agree. Next time go to the hospital regardless of what he says! This could be a "TIA" which is a transischemic attack or a mini stroke from which one recovers usually pretty quickly as he did this time. However, it could be the sign that a bigger one is coming and he needs to be checked out by a doctor. Please keep us posted how he is doing. I love your posts.

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Those kind of episodes are very scary. You should have him checked out by your doctor in any event. It may be a transient ischemic attack or TIA which resembles a mini stroke. Best to have him seen and perhaps referred to a neurologist. Treatment for this type of episode is available and is most effective when started early.

·
Registered
4,939 Posts
Mary A., I was just going to say that exact same thing. And yes, I would definitely set him up for an office visit with his physician. I cannot stress that enough. It might not be anything, but at least it will set your mind at ease. I would also suggest he start taking 81mg of aspirin daily. That is baby aspirin unless he is already on a blood thinner.

·
Registered
149 Posts
That sounds very scary. Yes, he must be seen by a doctor sooner rather than later.

But on the humorous side, maybe it was from that lady in Goodwill that danced and twirled him around "the dance floor!" I'm just kidding, but my goodness she was a pretty forward lady.

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Oh my dear, how frightening. I was my dad's travel companion, and he had his first stroke when we were far from home; I had to argue with him and he didn't want to go, but we did have help from some EMT's (we were at a fairground) but he WENT TO THE HOSPITAL. He was in for a few days and the stroke "continued to develop" for a couple of the first days, but although I was so frightened I was comforted by knowing he was in a best quality regional medical center. Yes, he recovered pretty well, but his life had changed. It was high summer and he was probably a little dehydrated, but sometimes this stuff just happens.

Dear lady, and dear man, please have a complete medical evaluation!

·
Registered
12,005 Posts
If he felt well and all seemed ok before the old gal got a hold of him and swung him around with her wild dancing, it could be he got very dizzy and it's a condition from that. I would be very concerned no matter what caused it. If you have not done a somersault in 45 years and you show great grand kids you still can do one--DON'T, as it will leave you reeling and you could be in real trouble. Spinning, whirling, or just jerking your head around can leave you feeling faint, so if you don't do it all the time, don't start. I do hope the mister will be ok, and you too my dear.

·
Registered
5,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thank u everyone so much.
i am thinking i need to get him to the dr.
he wont go.
i am so keeping an eye on him for the next day to see if hes ok.
thank u for all these thoughts,experiences and ideas.
i will surely take them all into account.
hugs raedean

·
Registered
11,038 Posts
Oh dear, as others have stated trip to the doctor should be first order of business if for no other reason than to reassure both of you that all is well. Could be that dancing lady got him addled. Please keep us up to date, rest and relax to give the body time to rejuvenate should help too.
Please get him checked out as soon as you can.
Prayers, hugs and best wishes.

·
Registered
11,038 Posts
O
crafterwantabe said:
You had a very strange and stressful day. Everyone gave you great advice. I'm not sure I would wait til the next time. Prevention is the key if it was a mini stroke. Or blood sugar surges... hugs. For you....
:sm24: :sm24: :sm24: totally agree!

·
Registered
11,038 Posts
raedean said:
thank u everyone so much.
i am thinking i need to get him to the dr.
he wont go.
i am so keeping an eye on him for the next day to see if hes ok.
thank u for all these thoughts,experiences and ideas.
i will surely take them all into account.
hugs raedean
If need be get some friends to help convince him. Better safe than sorry.

·
Registered
8,226 Posts
I agree with everyone, if it happens again get him checked out just to be sure and put both your minds at rest. He could be just overdoing things, so look after him. Hope once he is home again, he will be fine. Will keep you both in my thoughts and prayers.

·
Registered
4,417 Posts
I really enjoy your posts and agree with everyone about getting him to a dr. tell him its for your peace of mind since you live so far from any help. but I think it was from the dancing and could be slight touch of inner ear

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom