Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
I just saw this a few months ago on here. I wish I could track down the home study course they mention. I found a Brother one but it's not the right one!
It's a good thing I didn't see this way back when...I would have had a machine a lot sooner!!

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Knuttyknitter941 said:
Maybe if more had seen these ads, they would not have gone out of business. :x :cry:
Agree! This seemed to be more like an infomercial which would be suitable nowadays with all the infomercials that are showing on TV. It’s long and I had to watch it in several sections. I paused at the part where the little boy mimicking his mom. LOL, he was playing with a Lego knitting machine!

So, I looked up for “Lego knitting machine” and lo and behold, I found another video of someone actually built a knitting machine completely out of legos and it worked too! If you look closely, it’s more like a tube or sock knitting machine:
Interesting!

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
dany dany said:
May I know how much this machine cost,where can I find it and it's details
Hi Dany and welcome! This was a very old ad for the Knitking Compuknit V (5) which is also the same model as the Brother KH-965 or KH-965i. These models are no longer manufactured. However, as most of us had done, you can buy a used knitting machine.

On this forum, there are members from all over the world. Vendors, sellers, listings for knitting machines and their supplies varies depending where you are. Many of us find one at a local listing, Craiglist (US), retail shops, eBay, etc..

As with any used machinery, be cautious when you make a purchase. Here's a good website with lots of useful information for buyers and beginners: http://www.aboutknittingmachines.com/BuyingKnittingMachine.php

Best wishes on your purchase.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
KateWood said:
That circular lego "machine" is gas.
Yes, and what amazed me was that a working piece of machinery was made from a bunch of Lego blocks! I know there are many other moving machinery made from Lego blocks but it still amazes me every time I see one. Such imagination from the builders!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom