Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
11,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
about 20 days ago I came back after an enforced 5-day hospital stay - and least I am not in the hospital (altho the food was very good) - the same intestinal bug is back. C Diff is its name and if you ever hear that, run the other way. As lately as yesterday I felt really good - gaining momentum and back to all my "stuff". But overnight I must have let my guard down and my evil friend snuck back into my tummy. So DH went out and obtained the solid gold meds that are supposed to be the only ammunition against this bug and I am battling it again. I was warned this might happen but figured I was too tough. Hah. I have a big sheep show the 9th and 10th and absolutely must be better then. Send up a prayer, please? Thanks

·
Premium Member
8,127 Posts
Flagyl helped my mom beat the C. diff bacteria. Once she took it for the entire time it was prescribed, it went away and hasn't been back. It's been 3 years, working on 4.

·
Registered
7 Posts
New here but knows my way... sorry to hear of this bugging issue... it can be a pain I know use to deal with other stomach troubles. You got my attention as my daughter whom was taken and adopted over sees the goat barn which is close to the sheep barn at the Fair grounds in Kitsap WA. I had a few sheep my self for now can not till I am some where I can. Hope you are well soon.... tell the little buggers to get out....try some Mucinix it clears the bugs out but watch those other drugs one has to have others write you up for.

·
Registered
10,148 Posts
This is a very difficult and persistent bug. Please make sure that you follow your Dr.'s orders and make sure that you take ALL the medication--even if you start to feel better--keep taking the medication--all the medication, or it will rear its ugly head again. Prayers being said for a speedy recovery.

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
A friend had this condition so bad the doctor discussed a fecal implant. But she had good results with an holistic approach, which included colloidal silver and probiotics, among other things. The doctor was so impressed that he wrote down all the information for what she used! Hurry to a natural foods store and consult with their naturopath.

·
Registered
4,349 Posts
I had c-diff a few years ago after taking 2 different antibiotics for bronchitis. Then the dr gave me another antibiotic or it and my misery was compounded by developing esophageal thrush. Luckily, a few days with my melaleuca got rid of everything.
Hope you don't have to suffer long.

·
Registered
8,033 Posts
m_azingrace said:
A friend had this condition so bad the doctor discussed a fecal implant. But she had good results with an holistic approach, which included colloidal silver and probiotics, among other things. The doctor was so impressed that he wrote down all the information for what she used! Hurry to a natural foods store and consult with their naturopath.
After speaking with your doctor! As others have stressed, even if you feel better finish your meds. A woman in our craft group was hospitalized with this and just returned last week. Her daughter said her mother is now taking probiotics and this only after finishing prescribed meds.

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
This can be a rough road... take care of yourself, buttermilk, yogurt, cottage cheese...all cultured foods and put back the things you need I the gut.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom