Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, new to site! I have 10 balls of Wendy moments that I bought off eBay only to find that I can't get pattern for it???? I want to knit a baby blanket so would be really grateful if someone has one or what is a similar yarn that has patterns that would be suitable. It a nubby yarn. Thanks, Evelyn

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks margoc.....just a bit difficult trying to decide which yarn best matches the one I've got. Am almost tempted to just knit garter stitch with rib on margins as the boucle effect is pretty enough.

·
Registered
18,232 Posts
Since it is bulky and nubbly, anything but a simple knit stitch pattern would get lost... and may be tedious to do
I think your idea of garter stitch is great but I would probably do a seed stitch not rib for the borders... rib might pull it in...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ah....seed stitch - had to look it up as I know it as moss stitch ;) Am Irish woman in Dublin you see.....
But think you're right. I've knitted quite a few blankets for stillbirth charity and the rib does tend to pull it in. this blanket is for my stepdaughter who is having a baby girl in jan so have loads of time but i have 3 blankets on the go so am glad I'm starting earlier. Thanks a million for reply

·
Registered
4,842 Posts
evelynj72 said:
Ah....seed stitch - had to look it up as I know it as moss stitch ;) Am Irish woman in Dublin you see.....
But think you're right. I've knitted quite a few blankets for stillbirth charity and the rib does tend to pull it in. this blanket is for my stepdaughter who is having a baby girl in jan so have loads of time but i have 3 blankets on the go so am glad I'm starting earlier. Thanks a million for reply
Hi , I'm in Dublin too. It takes a while to get used to the different knitting terminology. If you're looking on Ravelry, looking up a jumper gets you nowhere!

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
evelynj72 said:
Hi, new to site! I have 10 balls of Wendy moments that I bought off eBay only to find that I can't get pattern for it???? I want to knit a baby blanket so would be really grateful if someone has one or what is a similar yarn that has patterns that would be suitable. It a nubby yarn. Thanks, Evelyn
When I am not sure whether a yarn has been discontinued or what weight it is. I go to the following website www.yarnsub.com
Moonieboy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom