Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is an email I sent to my brother and sister-in-law just now. I won't change it around. It will give you an idea of my morning. Panic disorder rears its ugly head once in a while and is infuriating. However, I did have an opportunity to talk to my other two brothers and that was a good thing.

Hi, this is a long convoluted message to say that Aunt Shirley has her letter from the insurance company to give to Steve Church. I called this morning to let Steve know I have the form. I left a voicemail. I called Aunt Shirley to let her know I have the letter from you printed and ready to go. Ron answered and they were getting ready to catch the bus to go uptown - Insurance office, Rexall, and the bank. When I hung up I had a brain wave 'I'll meet them at the bus stop and give the letter to Aunt Shirley'. I dialed Ron's cell phone in case he had it with him. He didn't. So I chatted with Paul for a minute and told him my exceptional plan. Brilliant except that I went to the wrong bus stop, saw the bus leaving the correct bus stop, decided to meet them at the bank. That would have been great except that I got part way to the bank and started to have a spell so I had to get home. These things are very debilitating and it's particularly difficult to navigate when I am alone. I called Paul after I rested for a bit and told him I had not seen Ron and Aunt Shirley afterall. Ron called just now and they had been to the insurance office. Aunt Shirley signed papers and she has the form to give Steve. I have my copy here if she wants a copy for herself. Now isn't that a morning for the books. Turns out Aunt Shirley had taken a little longer to find something or other so they took the next bus. They went to the insurance company which is right at the bus stop, then stopped for coffee and a muffin. Then they went to the bank and the Rexall. I would have missed them anyway. I was great when I took my library books back yesterday. Never can tell.

On top of all that, it rained where Don was so his day was cut short and he was home by noon. He broke the rig that holds his arrows. His bow is over 20 years old so it doesn't owe him anything. He'll macgyver something for his arrows. He always figures something out. He enjoys his days in the bush no matter how short. He finds beer bottles and cans and brings them home to take for refund. One is a bottle of VEX I think it said. It is raspberry lemonade Vodka. Have to be pretty desperate for alcohol to drink a concoction like that.

Did I mention that our weather is exceptionally excellent? It is much cooler, breezy and very sunny here in Orillia. (Not so much in Kinmount.) It's a wonderful day for a walk as long as a person's head stays firmly attached to her shoulders. All in all, everything is taken care of and it's a wonderful day to knit and enjoy the coolness.

·
Registered
7,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
susanjoy said:
Sounds like you tried to do too much in a hurry! Hope you feel calmer now and have a good night and a better day tomorrow.
I think you're probably right. I was so pleased to be planning a surprise for Ron and Aunt Shirley. Then it turned out she took care of everything herself anyway. I am calmer now. I rested. These things kind of knock the starch out of me.

Thanks to you all for your best wishes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom