Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
4,735 Posts
Ha, good question. I was just trimming bushes yesterday while my knitting was sitting, lonely, in the living room.
I guess some things have to be done in turn. I consider knitting a pleasure I do when sitting and relaxing. Can't do that when the garden calls to me, though.
Knitting may become a nighttime pastime in the Summer months ahead.

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
((((((( Most certainly!! And crochet! Carry a WIP at all times when in public to KIP, CIP and make a new friend at the same time, eh? LOL!

DD's picnic wedding will be 29 July and I'm still making K & C wedding favors.

Outside of that, my summer projects are smaller in nature than the bigger ones in the colder months, but I have many warmer months WIPs, too.

So, I never quit working. Summer is a good time to work ahead for stocking stuffers, too.

Oh, my! The choices are many, too little time, perhaps...LOL!; Make time!!

TY for posting a fun topic, too!!

HAND & TTYL!!
~~~~~~
quote=Peachie6560]So, do we keep knitting during the summer? In between garden work, lawn work, repair work?[/quote]

·
Registered
231 Posts
Of course! I do most of my knitting during the evening anyway. During the summer months I'll work on smaller items, like hats, slippers, etc.

It's been a long cold winter for many of us. I'm looking forward to working in my garden while I'm still able to do so.

Charity Knitter

·
Registered
11,389 Posts
I knit from February until November for Christmas Gifts! The whole family knows they have to tell me what they want knitted and preferred colors by Feb 1st! I get to knit for myself in December and January and in between Christmas Gifts.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
courier770 said:
I knit from February until November for Christmas Gifts! The whole family knows they have to tell me what they want knitted and preferred colors by Feb 1st! I get to knit for myself in December and January and in between Christmas Gifts.
You do the same thing I do. I start knitting for Christmas as soon as it is over. My kids (adults) tell me something they might like and I get started on that. I can not NOT knit.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Peachie6560 said:
So, do we keep knitting during the summer? In between garden work, lawn work, repair work?
I will have a new grandson to knit & crochet for and there is so much cute stuff! Plus, I hope to get a supply of things made for charity. Not to mention learn to do socks and make me some things. I can't spend alot of time outside due to allergies and problems with the heat, so I need to stay busy. Also, planning a couple of trips so will have to have stuff to keep me busy in the car and on the plane and during down times.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Since I'm still working on my 2011 New Year's Resolution (to learn more about knitting), I'm sure I'll find lot's to do. My hubby is working as a truck driver and is gone most of the summer, so it's just me and my big dog most nights. I can knit whenever I want.

·
Registered
7,190 Posts
Peachie6560 said:
So, do we keep knitting during the summer? In between garden work, lawn work, repair work?
Besides amusing myself designing a few whimsies and making ties for my friends. This is currently my favourite way of trying out new yarns, wearable one skein projects like ties are quick and make great gifts.

My godson, a beamish youth if ever there was, found a pattern for a varsity-style jacket he liked the look of in a book in the remainders bin of a local bookstore. He can knit himself and thought he'd like to try it. Unfortunately it's an American pattern so needs translation, with instructions in one size only (not his) and uses yarn not available in the UK, great!

At first I thought it'd only take a stroll round my fave yarn shop to find a suitable substitute and a couple of hours to translate the instructions and adjust the size to fit him. No such luck! The designer, and I use that term in the loosest meaning of the word, has littered her instructions with so many mistakes, if one followed them one wouldn't end up with anything like the picture... It's a horror!

So it'll be out with the graph paper and calculator to create my own version that will look like the picture in his size. I'll have to make one myself to make sure I've done it right, then I'll set him making one in different colours.

After that, who knows?

Dave

·
Registered
208 Posts
Absolutely I knit in the summer! We go camping frequently, and I sit in my rocking lawn chair and knit while I sit by the campfire. Draws some strange looks sometimes, but I don't care. Why waste hours sitting around the fire doing nothing when I could be knitting an item? I even had my husband rig up a stand to hold my pattern at eye level instead of having to pick it up to read.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I enjoy camping and always take a knitting or crochet project with me, so I do keep up my projects during the summer. However, I try to keep my summer projects on the lighter, smaller side. Like dishcloths, holiday ornaments, etc. I save the afghans and heavier yarns for winter projects.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have always been an avid gardener who suffered thru winter's entrapment. But now that I've become a knitter, winter just flies by! And I look forward to the darker days because the sunshine and gardens aren't calling me outdoors--and away from my knitting!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Knitting never stops with me. I knit knit knit all summer long. We take frequent trips in the summer and bring it in the car. I use the glove compartment to hold my pattern LOL and it just makes the long ride a little shorter.

·
Registered
371 Posts
My garden is calling but The Rain 3inch a day which is normal here but still. I so need to get into my garen that I was putting together a hoodie thicking about the garden that i put it together wrong, wrong,wrong.I dislike putting them togther so what do I do wrong. My garden still needing to be weeded out. I hope to get to it soon. So I sit knitting away and one day the sun will shine, I hope. soon

·
Registered
29 Posts
I knit whenever I can. I usually don't start anything new, I just continue on the projects I started in the winter. I am not too sure how this summer will go. My niece wants us to sew some things as well. My 8 year old niece started knitting at Christmas when we bought her the first set of needles and yarn. I am hoping she will come and stay for a while this summer so we can get some intensive learning done. She is so smart. She was knitting in under an hour.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
We are so alike.I love to knit while riding and so glad that I can since many can't due to making them motion sick. I knit to relax between chores(like smokers breaks) they don't let knitters have knitter breaks at work!!!! although some days I knit in place of lunch break. Summers are a great time to sit on the porch to enjoy the hobby and sip a cool drink--there is no certain season to knit......

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
I knit all year long. While traveling my husband usually drives and I knit. I never go anywhere without my knitting bag. I try to use the glove compartment to hold patterns, but that does not work too well.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom