Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
12,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend wears royal colors well but these are so distinct and bright I envision them to be difficult to match to an outfit unless it is a perfect match. I don't want to knit black since I dislike knitting black and they won't show up much. Grey boot cuffs as a gift?
https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/simple-cable-knit-boot-cuffs
Maybe this pattern if yall don't have a recommendation of a pattern that you have knit yourself and it turned out well.

·
Registered
23,226 Posts
MMWRay said:
My friend wears royal colors well but these are so distinct and bright I envision them to be difficult to match to an outfit unless it is a perfect match. I don't want to knit black since I dislike knitting black and they won't show up much. Grey boot cuffs as a gift?
https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/simple-cable-knit-boot-cuffs
Maybe this pattern if yall don't have a recommendation of a pattern that you have knit yourself and it turned out well.
I like boot cuffs in a cream color...similar to the standard color of Aran sweaters...or Irish knit sweaters. The grey might also be ok, but I still prefer the cream color.

·
Registered
20,967 Posts
does she wear jeans all the time ?
Then if yes, denim.
Greys, dark greens, tans, tweeds would also work.

Dont fuss too much. Takes away from the enjoyment of knitting them

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
Curmudgeon said:
My first thought was tweedy blues. My second crazy thought was multiple strands of finer yarns of black, brown, & maybe blue or tan.
I totally agree with you. Even the multi with a base of dark blue or charcoal grey.

·
Registered
12,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
LEE1313 said:
does she wear jeans all the time ?
Then if yes, denim.
Greys, dark greens, tans, tweeds would also work.

Dont fuss too much. Takes away from the enjoyment of knitting them
I agree 100% about fussing diminishing the enjoyment. I have puzzled over this too much already....

·
Premium Member
3,375 Posts
I think most any color would be fine for the gift. The ones I gifted were any color but the color of her boots because same color would not show up as well, and she has sweaters in many different colors.

·
Registered
10,277 Posts
I wear royal colors a lot and they seem to go with anything, almost like really bright neutrals. If that's what she likes then make her some in her favorite color. You're knitting something for her, not for yourself IMHO.

·
Registered
4,375 Posts
I've made my daughter many pairs of boots cuffs and she likes them in lighter colors. All the light colors. She likes the bold colors too, but doesn't want her boot toppers the exact shade. In example she has a royal blue dress that she wears with black tights and boots. She wears the pale powder blue cuffs I made and it looks wonderful.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom