Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope you can see well enough to tell me what I did. I'm knitting an afghan and it is a lot of stitches to have to tink. I've done this before on a much smaller project and just tinked back to fix it. I'm not sure exactly what I did though to be able to look up a possible fix on YouTube.

If you can't see well enough in the picture to tell, I am doing the border in garter stitch. I have a dash (-) below a loop on my needle. I'm not sure if I dropped a stitch or picked up the stitch in the incorrect place.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
I think you just didn't finish the stitch. You've done the exact correct thing...you've marked and secured it. Now work the next row back to that stitch and use your needle or a crochet hook to pick up the 'bar' you have secured and pull it through the loop. If it looks like 'one of these is not like the others', then try pulling the loop through the other side of the stitch so it looks like the purl row. Then continue on working the new row. I do hope this explains it...someone will probably come along to say it more clearly, if you are still confused. Keep knitting! :thumbup:

·
Registered
6,707 Posts
Tootsie said:
I think you just didn't finish the stitch. You've done the exact correct thing...you've marked and secured it. Now work the next row back to that stitch and use your needle or a crochet hook to pick up the 'bar' you have secured and pull it through the loop. If it looks like 'one of these is not like the others', then try pulling the loop through the other side of the stitch so it looks like the purl row. Then continue on working the new row. I do hope this explains it...someone will probably come along to say it more clearly, if you are still confused. Keep knitting! :thumbup:
Ditti, good advice Tootsie.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Looks to me like you skipped that stitch. That dash looks to be the yarn that needs to be knit. Just pick it up in your next row. No need to tink! :thumbup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom