Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought two sets of large needles. One is a size 35/19mm and another a size 50/25mm. Where do you find yarn big enough for these needles? Do you know of any patterns that use these sizes?

·
Registered
12,306 Posts
There is someone right now on the forum who is looking to buy a size 50 knitting needle set. Go to the Members Buy, Sell, and Trade section from the home page and look down the posts. That is if you would like to ask her. Maybe she knows already and you won't have to do a lot of searching for patterns.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Rinni said:
I bought two sets of large needles. One is a size 35/19mm and another a size 50/25mm. Where do you find yarn big enough for these needles? Do you know of any patterns that use these sizes?
I have only ever used needles this size to do Broomstick Lace but you would only need one. Perhaps you would use several strands of yarn with this size or you will get something quite lacy if you use rug yarn.

Would be interested in knowing what others do. :p

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
I am knitting with strips of tartan woolly fabric on very large needles. It's a kit for a rug. In theory it's a quick knit, and it is fun, but hard going on the hands and can only do a couple of rows at a time.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Shan - The set of 50s you need: for broomstick lace you can use an actual broomstick, dowel, or PVC pipe. Advantage: longer length than the needles so wide project easier to handle and diameter of "needle" can go beyond sz 50. Have used all of these as I love to experiment. What fun !!!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom