Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
That is beautiful yarn and needs a special pattern to use it with, I hope you have fun with it and make something for yourself.

·
Registered
10,809 Posts
As gorgeous as that is, wound into a skein like that, you will find that it gives a much more mottled look when wound into a ball, knit or crocheted with. You will also find that many lace patterns will be lost in the colour changes.

When you search for a pattern, try somewhere like Ravelry, where you can see other examples/pictures of shawls made by others, using a variety of yarns. You can then decide if you want something simple, or more lacy, based on how various colours of yarn work out.

Sometimes the heavily coloured yarns work, sometimes you need a solid colour or a tone-on-tone...

·
Registered
24,561 Posts
What a great gift to yourself - to have that BEAUTIFUL yarn to play with during your recovery. Yes the colors are incredible but what RoxyCatLady said is very true. That would look beautiful made up in a simple open work shawl using yo's and K2tog's - rectangular.
Praying that your surgery will be successful and your recovery swift.

·
Registered
24,561 Posts
Knitry said:
Rectangular? I dunno - I'd probably go for Wingspan. Love the colors and can't wait to see what you do with it.

Best wishes for your successful surgery and very speedy recovery!
Wow - Wingspan DOES sound perfect for that yarn. Especially since the yarn is described as having the 'butterfly effect'.
Just note it is not a lace pattern, although there is a lace wingspan on Ravelry.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Beautiful yarn! There are some gorgeous free patterns for rectangular shawls on Ravelry. I agree that an intricate pattern would not show off your yarn as well as a something a bit more simple. Personally, I would love to see that yarn in a wingspan shawl, but being you specified rectangular, a wingspan may not be to your liking. It would be a spectacular show of colors though! :)

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
WOW !!-thank you for having a problem with this yarn-I just went to Fiber Arts website and will pour over it this afternoon !!!
By the way- I vote for the wingspan too-that's what I'll be shopping for this afternoon :) thanks again ....

·
Registered
5,980 Posts
Gorgeous yarn! Is it colorfast? I would keep the pattern simple so it does not get lost in the colors and the colors do not get lost in the pattern. Whatever you decide to knit, you will enjoy experiencing the colors as they change! Love to see your finished fiber!

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
This is gorgeous! Where did you get it? I guess as everyone has said simpler stitch designs would showcase these colors best. I would search for shawl patterns putting in search terms "simplest design" and see what comes up. Enjoy and speedy recovery!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom