Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Banned
13,778 Posts
Good for you! They are very easy to maintain. My Aunt has three Angoras and we have finally found a place that will make yarn for me.

I promise to take photos of Aunt Barb and I trying to shear these guys. I think it's gonna be a challenge!

Keep us posted on your progress.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I definitely will. These have just recently been sheared. So I have until April to learn what the heck I'm doing... LOL
The lady I bought them from told me where to take it to be processed too.

I want to learn how to spin it and dye it myself some day if I can find someone nearby to teach me.

·
Registered
13,787 Posts
It looks like that breed of goat is a meat and 'yarn' critter.

·
Registered
13,787 Posts
I'm just reporting what I researched for the breed of goat. I want the yarn more than I need food at this hour.

mama879 said:
To cute. Enjoy them they are great pets and a lot of work...

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Just curious---how much yarn do you get from one shorn critter?

·
Registered
6,747 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
Lovely goats, I always wanted some, but we don't have that much room. I hope you can get some wonderful yarn from them and show us what you make in due course.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom