Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my 1st attempt at the Puppy pattern (Gypsy cream). I have knitted it for my niece for her b.day at the end of the month. My question to all you lovely knitters is.....do you like the double sided ears? I spoke to Pat about it, so I thought id just give it a go. :oops: Also, do you think the nose is too much? I got a bit carried away! lol So whats the verdict?

Attachments

·
Registered
359 Posts
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: The ears are just the sweetest. Your neice will be thrilled with that puppy.

·
Registered
304 Posts
From the perspective of a dog show person.... I love the double sided ears, very realistic . Personally though, I think you would get more expression if you sewed the ears a little higher (above the eye level) and a bit forward towards the nose.
I love your color choices and hope you don't mind my critique. My first thought was bunny. I have been looking at this pattern and thinking about how to re.vamp it into my Boston Terrier, LOL. 
Kelly

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks to all for your lovely comments. Kellanrevere.....I totally agree, |I kept saying it looks like a rabbit!!!! lol. Your idea about the ears makes sense now, I might take them off (under anesthetic of course!) & re-stitch them. Ive still to "fancy her up" a bit before going to her new home, so ill stick a pic on before she goes. All comments much appreciated. :p :p

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Your puppy is just adorable as it is, I have made several bears and a couple of puppies and I have found, as Pat says, they make themselves. Each seem to chose their own expressions. I wouldn't change him

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Kellanrevere said:
From the perspective of a dog show person.... I love the double sided ears, very realistic . Personally though, I think you would get more expression if you sewed the ears a little higher (above the eye level) and a bit forward towards the nose.
I love your color choices and hope you don't mind my critique. My first thought was bunny. I have been looking at this pattern and thinking about how to re.vamp it into my Boston Terrier, LOL. 
Kelly
I agree with Kelly, I'vegot2dogs, about the placement of the ears. And maybe make the nose just a teeny, weeny bit less prominent. I did my first Gypsycream bear a couple of weeks ago and was amazed at how much difference a small shift in the placement of eyes, ears, etc. could make in the bear's expression.
I love your color choices and also the yarn you used. Your knitting is perfect and the puppy is adorable.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom